Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dyna Ring

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    That's what you get for cheating.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by moab mark View Post
    Those of you that are riding 450's or comparables, what kind of distance are you getting on a tank. I put on a 3.1 desert tank and hauled a 2 liter bottle and ran out at 110. Thought I would have a little farther range. My sons wr 250 on a stock tank and a 2 liter made it back to the truck at 113.

Mark
    The WR450 traditionally does not get very good mileage. I think you're right in the range normally seen. My CRF450X gets between 50-60 mpg. With my 3.2 gal IMS tank on, I can get ~150 miles without too much worry. I did a ride from Moab to Fruita (through the La Sals) and back to Moab (via the Kokopeli Trail) and when I filled up on the first day in Gateway (~90 miles in to the trip) it took just a little less than 1.5 gals. I saw similar mileage on the way back via the real kokopeli trail (including Rose Garden Hill, etc, nearly 100% offroad until we hit sand flats rd.)

BTW, that sucks about your clutch. I've got my D-Ring adjusted pretty tight as it is. I know these things build quite a bit more additional heat. I was talking with Russ Holbrook and he said Alan want's your entire clutch setup to see the failure (basket, ect). Let me know what Alan has to say.

Two rings went out on the same weekend, Russ Tribes and mine. We were both at the dunes and didn't even know the other one was there. When we took mine apart the clutch was completely fried. The set screws that hold the rings together had come loose. Russ's not only nuked but damaged his basket. We are concerned that sand may be to much for them. We talked to Alan and he is sending us his newest version. He does not have a concern with riding them in the sand so well see. It is such a quick change w e may take them out when we head to Little Sahara. The problem for me is you have to keep your clutch handle to be able to do that and I sure love the left hand rear brake handle.
    Mine is suppose to be here tomorrow. One thing I have to say for Alan he stands behind his stuff.
    We were going to head back out on Thursday but winter is back so were going sledding.

I'll keep you updated

Mark

I ride a 1999 yamaha yz250 with a dyna-ring and love it. I desert race with it and even motocross now and then and the thing works great. I have about 1000 miles on it so far and have been pretty much trouble free. I ride every week in deep heavy sand and ring it's neck real good and other than cooking the oil pretty bad a couple of times it has been flawless. I plan on racing an Endurocross series this summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Roostinfool View Post
    I ride a 1999 yamaha yz250 with a dyna-ring and love it. I desert race with it and even motocross now and then and the thing works great. I have about 1000 miles on it so far and have been pretty much trouble free. I ride every week in deep heavy sand and ring it's neck real good and other than cooking the oil pretty bad a couple of times it has been flawless. I plan on racing an Endurocross series this summer.
    Welcome to Bogley