Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dyna Ring

Quote Originally Posted by Udink View Post
    Does this work similarly to, say, a 5-speed ATV? My Honda Rancher doesn't have a clutch lever, you just let off the throttle and kick the shift lever. I'm trying to visualize if the Dyna Ring is any different from that.
    I think Supergpr is off on this a little. I do not think Udinks Rancher will stall? I have ridden several ATV's with auto clutches and the concept is the same. The difference is the Dyna Ring is much more precise and smoother. I do not know if it is because the tranny in a motorcycle verse ATV has closer tolerances or just the clutch system is of a higher quality. But the Dyna Ring setup shifts just like using a clutch where most ATV's you have to get completely off the gas to get it to shift.
    For you motorcycle guys it is just like the auto clutch in my sons TTR 110. Just more precise.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by moab mark View Post
    I think Supergpr is off on this a little. I do not think Udinks Rancher will stall? I have ridden several ATV's with auto clutches and the concept is the same. The difference is the Dyna Ring is much more precise and smoother. I do not know if it is because the tranny in a motorcycle verse ATV has closer tolerances or just the clutch system is of a higher quality. But the Dyna Ring setup shifts just like using a clutch where most ATV's you have to get completely off the gas to get it to shift.
    For you motorcycle guys it is just like the auto clutch in my sons TTR 110. Just more precise.
    The only two ATVs I've rode that didn't have a clutch lever was a Foreman ES (electric Shift) and a Polaris that had two gears, forward and reverse. The closest thing to a Dyna Ring would be a snowmobile clutch. The clutches in ATVs don't slip like the Dyna Ring does. I know you won't kill an ATV, but they are either on or off.

I do not think Udinks Rancher will stall? I have ridden several ATV's with auto clutches and the concept is the same. The difference is the Dyna Ring is much more precise and smoother. I do not know if it is because the tranny in a motorcycle verse ATV has closer tolerances or just the clutch system is of a higher quality. But the Dyna Ring setup shifts just like using a clutch where most ATV's you have to get completely off the gas to get it to shift.
    Thanks, I think that answers my question. The reason I ask is because one of these days I'm hoping to get a motorcycle just for wandering around like I currently do on my ATV, and I was curious about how most motorcycles work versus my ATV.
    Blog | FB

Quote Originally Posted by supergper View Post
    The LHB is on my short list of mods. I rarely used the clutch and now with the Dyna Ring, I never touch the clutch other than to start the bike.
    Man this idea has kept me awake at night I mountain bike quite a bit so when I ride my dirtbike I tend to use my front brake way too much. I am thinking the LHB on the dirtbike, set up my mountainbike with the same left/right front/back as the dirtbike. That would rule!

I talked with Alan at Revloc the other day and now he is HOPEFULLy going to try and source a different LHB handle. I suggested to him to come up with one like sleds and some ATV's have with a park brake lever. He actually wet himself when it dawned on him that sleds are using hydraulics and have a park brake lever.

Revloc's setup is going to allow you to use the LHB and the foot pedal and hopefully have a park brake.

For the recreational rider like myself I struggle when standing to run the foot brake comfortably, especially in rough terrain. If you could be standing and brake on the handle bar that would be music to my ears.

I talked with Alan at Revloc the other day and now he is HOPEFULLy going to try and source a different LHB handle. I suggested to him to come up with one like sleds and some ATV's have with a park brake lever. He actually wet himself when it dawned on him that sleds are using hydraulics and have a park brake lever.

Revloc's setup is going to allow you to use the LHB and the foot pedal and hopefully have a park brake.

For the recreational rider like myself I struggle when standing to run the foot brake comfortably, especially in rough terrain. If you could be standing and brake on the handle bar that would be music to my ears.

That's awesome! I agree, standing in technical terrain and trying to use the brake isn't always the easiest. I end up using my front brake more than I should. Having a park brake would be killer, then I don't think there would be a single downside to the Dyne Ring.

Quote Originally Posted by fourtycal View Post
    Man this idea has kept me awake at night I mountain bike quite a bit so when I ride my dirtbike I tend to use my front brake way too much. I am thinking the LHB on the dirtbike, set up my mountainbike with the same left/right front/back as the dirtbike. That would rule!
    You come ride mine and you'll be $375 poorer.

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    Moto tards.
    I checked and there is no iPhone app for that!

Quote Originally Posted by supergper View Post
    That's awesome! I agree, standing in technical terrain and trying to use the brake isn't always the easiest. I end up using my front brake more than I should. Having a park brake would be killer, then I don't think there would be a single downside to the Dyne Ring.
    Maybe we should set up a ride somewhere warm? We can all get together and ride. I don't see a lot of information about 2 strokes on the website. How about you guys come down to Logandale or mesquite or Coral Pink? Oohhh...think how warm it'll be.
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

Quote Originally Posted by nelsonccc View Post
    Maybe we should set up a ride somewhere warm? We can all get together and ride. I don't see a lot of information about 2 strokes on the website. How about you guys come down to Logandale or mesquite or Coral Pink? Oohhh...think how warm it'll be.
    I'm looking at making a trip sometime in January down south (was thinking St. George, but could probably be persuaded to go a little farther ). Unfortunately, due to my work I can't get away until after the New Year.

Quote Originally Posted by nelsonccc View Post
    I haven't been to Coral Pink in a long time. I could meet there after the first part of the year.

I haven't been to Coral Pink in a long time. I could meet there after the first part of the year.
    I was thinking after the first of the year as well. Though last year at christmas time I went out to Coral with my bike to find 24"+ of snow on the ground but I'm pretty sure that was abnormal. There is a ton of riding near mesquite as well out at Coral Pink.
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

My back brake setup is on a UPS truck.

My back brake setup is on a UPS truck.
    We're putting together a coral pink trip for the 5th of march. It would be a good chance to try out this dyna ring revolution!
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

I would like to but I am scheduled to go sledding in Wyoming.

I rode a couple of hundred miles last week with the revloc and new left hand rear brake. I think I have created the easiest motorcycle to ride on earth. My buddy who tagged along and rides a ktm 250f could not believe how forgiving my bike was in diffucult terrain. He is now going to upgrade to a 450 with a rev loc clutch and a left hand rear brake. When standing the left hand brake rules.
    Those of you that are riding 450's or comparables, what kind of distance are you getting on a tank. I put on a 3.1 desert tank and hauled a 2 liter bottle and ran out at 110. Thought I would have a little farther range. My sons wr 250 on a stock tank and a 2 liter made it back to the truck at 113.

Mark

Just spent 4 days out to Little Sahara we had a great trip but had problems with my Rev Loc as well as my buddies, they were getting hot and chattering. Mine kept working but his nuked his friction plate and put him out of buisness. Going to have to call Alan at Rev Loc tomorrow and see what he thinks but we were not happy.

That's what you get for cheating.