Thread: BASH Winter Triatholon 15th of Jan. 2011

Zions the "s" is silent trackrunner's Avatar

BASH Winter Triatholon 15th of Jan. 2011

Saturday, January 15th, 2011
    Soldier Hollow - Midway, Utah
    Who's ready to BATTLE it out on the snow?!? The BASH Winter Race Festival is a day full of racing on the snow! From the headlining Full Distance National Winter Tri Championships (Run, Mtn. Bike, XC Ski)...to the 5K Snowshoe Fun Run & Kid's 1/2 Mile Moon Boot Stomp (Fun Run)</B>, there is something for everyone. Each race takes place on the professionally groomed XC ski trails of the World famous Soldier Hollow (former 2002 Winter Olympic Venue). BASH is a perfect way to learn new sports, improve your base fitness, and expand your skills as a multi-sport athlete during the off-season.

more at . . .

http://www.bashwintertri.com/

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I'll be doing this race. Did it two years ago and it was a blast. Ccccold, but fun. It was about 18 degrees the year I did it.
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~ Frost

Bash:

Name:  BASH-001..jpg
Views: 179
Size:  15.1 KB

Name:  BASH-006..jpg
Views: 184
Size:  6.9 KB

Name:  BASH-002..jpg
Views: 178
Size:  7.8 KB

Name:  IMG_0571-watermar&#107.jpg
Views: 177
Size:  10.6 KB
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~ Frost

Who's ready to battle with snow? The is a day full of racing on the snow. This opportunity should not be missed by anyone because this is going to be the best days of the life. So it will be amazing experience for ever. There will be beautiful environment. So no one should miss it. That will be really amazing and outstanding.

I'm doing the duathlon (new this year), 5k run, 5k bike, 5k run. I wish the distances were longer but since I don't have ski gear it will have to do. Prepped the shoes tonight and am testing them tomorrow. A whole whopping $2.20 plus tax for fourteen screws per shoe.

Name:  IMG_2311 (Medium)..jpg
Views: 167
Size:  62.6 KB
    It's your fault, you shouldn't have been there!

I didnt realize they did a duathlon... I wasnt going to do it this year because I havent gotten nearly enough time on my skate skis - that course is tough! But I would definitely do the duathlon... Hmmm....

It's not bad on the wallet, only 35 bucks. TreeHugger, would you recommend Friday packet pickup or is it organized enough to pickup early Saturday morning? I really don't want to drive out there twice.
    It's your fault, you shouldn't have been there!

Quote Originally Posted by Gambel Oak View Post
    It's not bad on the wallet, only 35 bucks. TreeHugger, would you recommend Friday packet pickup or is it organized enough to pickup early Saturday morning? I really don't want to drive out there twice.
    We picked up our packets day of... no problem.