Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Broken clavicle & ribs

Quote Originally Posted by fourtycal View Post
    How's the bike?
    The bike is unscathed, unfortunately that seat is still too damned high.

Quote Originally Posted by REDFOX View Post
    He said, I hope that they didn't cut your bike jersey.
    Those jerks ended up cutting it off

Quote Originally Posted by theking648 View Post
    I just know how to crash better, I've never had a broken bone, I dislocate bones all the time, but no broken bones.
    Just wait

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Marks bike is perfectly fine, It's a Kona ! We didn't even notice any road rash , torn clothing, or visible blood. Obviously he hit the ground hard and did not slide very much.

Wow, clavicle and 7 ribs! Very sorry to hear. I hope you heal well and fast, Mark.

Quote Originally Posted by theking648 View Post
    I just know how to crash better, I've never had a broken bone, I dislocate bones all the time, but no broken bones.

If I was there filming, then mark would have been fine, because he would have crashed into me again like last time.
    Right on Dave! I've only broken 2 bones. My middle finger on the right hand when I was a kid because there weren't any more tamales in the chest freezer, so I flipped it off and it slammed my "throwing" finger. Now when there aren't tamales I resign to chips and salsa. The other was a damned mast from my windsurfer at Waikiki beach catching a wave and crunching my nose. I will admit though....I've dislocated my shoulders, and thumbs. NOW I'm paying the price. My throwing finger on my right hand still functions fine, and I can still smell shit just fine, but my shoulders are asking my legs to do the work all the time and my thumbs go "click" all the time! DUDE....break some bones soon and preserve your joints for latter years!

Quote Originally Posted by Bo_Beck View Post
    Right on Dave! I've only broken 2 bones. My middle finger on the right hand when I was a kid because there weren't any more tamales in the chest freezer, so I flipped it off and it slammed my "throwing" finger. Now when there aren't tamales I resign to chips and salsa. The other was a damned mast from my windsurfer at Waikiki beach catching a wave and crunching my nose. I will admit though....I've dislocated my shoulders, and thumbs. NOW I'm paying the price. My throwing finger on my right hand still functions fine, and I can still smell shit just fine, but my shoulders are asking my legs to do the work all the time and my thumbs go "click" all the time! DUDE....break some bones soon and preserve your joints for latter years!
    Oh yeah....also broke my back hanggliding back in '74' and so far so good?! Torn ligaments, tendons and muscles at joints eventually catch up Dave. Just don't crash Dude.

Update; It sounds like Mark will spend another night in the hospital. I also hear that Shad will be heading down to pick him up possibly tomorrow.

Bogley BigShot
    I hope they are treating you good in there Mark! Name:  mark..jpg
Views: 379
Size:  16.2 KB

DUUUUUUUUUUUUUDE! That sucks we will be thinking about you Mark get well soon.
    Still trying to get in riding shape.

I guess I shouldn't complain about my bruised ribs I got on the hog's back in Richfield. I hope they heal by the time I get to St. George to ride down there.

Get well soon.

WHERE IS THE VIDEO?!

If we can post little bunny rabbits getting slaughtered, we can sure as hell post a bike crash.

Who agrees??

Bogley BigShot
    Hey! What happened to Mark's picture of him in the hospital? I liked it! He must want it down. lol

this thread really is worthless with out video!
    Candition.com | Canyon Conditions

<%@me = User.find_by_adventurer(params[:theking648])%>

Another update; Today wasn't that great for Mark. They had to put a tube through two broken ribs so they could drain 1500 CCs of blood up against his lungs.

I spoke with him briefly on the phone, trying to keep it short because I know how painful it is to talk with broken ribs.

I said some people are waiting for the video, and that I'd wait until he was up and running before I'd exploit his crash. He appreciated that. So I'm going to continue to wait. I will however post some pics in the mountain bike section of the aftermath. He's going to try and snap a shot of his X-ray. He says his clavicle bone is criss crossed. We were wondering if that straightens out by itself. Anybody know?

Quote Originally Posted by tanya View Post
    I hope they are treating you good in there Mark!
    I am the only nurse that looks like that at DRMC, unfortunately I work in surgery!
    IF YOU WON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, PLEASE, FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM!!!!

2008 V2K Classic LT
    2004 Toyota Tacoma
    Schwinn Homegrown
    CouchSurfing
    Patriot Guard Riders

Bogley BigShot

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post
    Another update; Today wasn't that great for Mark. They had to put a tube through two broken ribs so they could drain 1500 CCs of blood up against his lungs.

I spoke with him briefly on the phone, trying to keep it short because I know how painful it is to talk with broken ribs.

I said some people are waiting for the video, and that I'd wait until he was up and running before I'd exploit his crash. He appreciated that. So I'm going to continue to wait. I will however post some pics in the mountain bike section of the aftermath. He's going to try and snap a shot of his X-ray. He says his clavicle bone is criss crossed. We were wondering if that straightens out by itself. Anybody know?
    Unless there is a real good reason to fix a clavicle it is avoided. They generally heal fine with just a clavicle brace and will result in a thing we call the "Loop Bump"
    IF YOU WON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, PLEASE, FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM!!!!

2008 V2K Classic LT
    2004 Toyota Tacoma
    Schwinn Homegrown
    CouchSurfing
    Patriot Guard Riders

I am sure Mark would appreciate a visit from anyone in the area. All of his family are in Ogden, so he is on his own. Just bring him some junk food or snacks. I bet he is getting bored...

Bogley BigShot
    I wish I could, but can't get to St. George right now.

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    I am sure Mark would appreciate a visit from anyone in the area. All of his family are in Ogden, so he is on his own. Just bring him some junk food or snacks. I bet he is getting bored...
    i was really thinking about going over today, but I got way to busy today.. i'm busy tomorrow, but i think i get him some junk food after my interview.

will he be released tomorrow? what time?
    Candition.com | Canyon Conditions

<%@me = User.find_by_adventurer(params[:theking648])%>