Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Broken clavicle & ribs

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    I am sure Mark would appreciate a visit from anyone in the area. All of his family are in Ogden, so he is on his own. Just bring him some junk food or snacks. I bet he is getting bored...
    Hey, whats Marks last name and room #? I'd like to go over and say hello. Maybe a Piraat would cheer him up!?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Bo_Beck View Post
    Hey, whats Marks last name and room #? I'd like to go over and say hello. Maybe a Piraat would cheer him up!?
    Hey Bo, I sent you a PM with his room number.

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post
    Hey Bo, I sent you a PM with his room number.
    Got it! Thanks.

If we can post little bunny rabbits getting slaughtered, we can sure as hell post a bike crash.

Who agrees??

still dont get it do you

Bogley BigShot
    Like all photos and video... it should be totally up to the person that is in them.

Yeah....pretty much agree here. I think Mark ought to be the first one (other than the photographer) to see his own boo-boo!

Quote Originally Posted by Pelon1 View Post
    Unless there is a real good reason to fix a clavicle it is avoided. They generally heal fine with just a clavicle brace and will result in a thing we call the "Loop Bump"
    dont know mark but i feel for anyone that gets hurt doing what they love, but i do remember the xray, it was last march st pattys day, we got close to five feet of snow in vermont that day and a buddy and i were snowmobling around 2am, it was epic conditions but all the stop sings at the road crossings were buried in snow so i went across the road around 60 when i plowed into the side of a snowplow cracking my sturnum and broke the 3 lower ribs on each side and broke my clavicel . i wore a brace for 6 weeks and i took 4 mounths to feel 100% again and now have one of those lumps
    get well soon
    just gona stand there and watch me burn...... thats alright cuzi like the way it hurts

Bogley BigShot
    However Mark!!!! That photo that was up was not unflattering! It makes all us females want to give you TLC.

ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar
    I went over this morning before going to work and saw Mark. He is in good spirits but would definitely appreciate visitors. I did get to see the video and I don't blame Mark for not wanting it posted yet. Not that the video is bad, just needs sometime to be able to laugh at if first and for him I think that will be a bit. Not that he can't laugh, it just really really hurts right now!!

I thought he did all this damage lower down the trail on Clavicle Hill. But it was off the middle finger of the three fingers of death. Lost the footing on his pedal, lost balance and down he went. I can't believe you guys waited so long to call 911. You boys can be stubborn when hurt and I am sure if you would have had any idea the damage... you would have called sooner.

Right before I left the doctor came in. He said they are going to keep and eye on the fluids they are draining out of his chest today and they are going to have and orthopedic surgeon look at his clavicle. I guess it is not healing as they would like at this point.

I told Mark I would stop back by tomorrow and check on him and left my number in case he needs anything.
    Chere'

Sounds like it is going to be a long recovery. Hope all goes well.

So when do we get to see the video?

I've got an "edited" version of the video, but I'm still not uploading it yet. The more I watch, the more painful it is. No blood or anything, it's just seeing that impact that makes me hurt. I've seen worse crashes but I know how much damage this caused. This will be totally up to Mark. I want him to be able to laugh at it without pain in his ribs.... If it's uploaded at all.

This one shook me up a bit. I'm rethinking my mountain biking habits, I need to slow down and take it easy.

Bogley BigShot
    Take up climbing! Its much safer!

Quote Originally Posted by mfshop View Post
    post up some quality crash footage
    Quote Originally Posted by theking648 View Post
    This may be too early, but did you get video?
    Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    Looking forward to the video!
    WHERE IS THE VIDEO?!
    Quote Originally Posted by theking648 View Post
    this thread really is worthless with out video!
    Quote Originally Posted by moab mark View Post
    So when do we get to see the video?
    I have trained you all very well.

I am sure Mark would appreciate a visit from anyone in the area. All of his family are in Ogden, so he is on his own. Just bring him some junk food or snacks. I bet he is getting bored...
    Just got back from a visit. Mark is in amazingly high spirits and perfectly content staying a day or two or three more! (wonder if the nurses have anything to do with that decision?) Anyway he was even talking about having his ankles done as long as he would be down for a while anyway! It was great to see him and hear his story about the fateful day! Thanks Justin for logging the trip. Amazing!!!!!!! And thanks for making sure he got the needed attention. I'm sure that he'll make a speedy recovery with the positive attitude that he harbours. Get well soon Mark, but take your time and relax while you have the great service thats being tended at DRMC.

Thanks for seeing him, Bo and Chere

That's true, he's been waiting for a chance to have his ankle worked on, but couldn't find a slow season to relax for 6 weeks. Now is the perfect time.

Mark is busy year 'round with boating, waterskiing, motorbiking, ATVing and snowmobiling in the winter. After his ankle is done he'll be able to do more hiking.

Quote Originally Posted by blueeyes View Post
    I went over this morning before going to work and saw Mark. He is in good spirits but would definitely appreciate visitors. I did get to see the video and I don't blame Mark for not wanting it posted yet. Not that the video is bad, just needs sometime to be able to laugh at if first and for him I think that will be a bit. Not that he can't laugh, it just really really hurts right now!!

I thought he did all this damage lower down the trail on Clavicle Hill. But it was off the middle finger of the three fingers of death. Lost the footing on his pedal, lost balance and down he went. I can't believe you guys waited so long to call 911. You boys can be stubborn when hurt and I am sure if you would have had any idea the damage... you would have called sooner.

Right before I left the doctor came in. He said they are going to keep and eye on the fluids they are draining out of his chest today and they are going to have and orthopedic surgeon look at his clavicle. I guess it is not healing as they would like at this point.

I told Mark I would stop back by tomorrow and check on him and left my number in case he needs anything.
    You must have just left before I got there. Yeah that video HURTS! Dave "theking" was coming in just as I left. There definately isn't gonna be any more room on his table for Snickers Bars now! Don't take carbonated drinks as he said that coughing and burping really is painful. I took him over a Muscle Milk and hope this might be desired? Will definately try to get back again tomorrow as well.

Thanks for seeing him everyone. You guys are great!

Went and saw Mark this AM, he showed me the videoGuess ya have to visit him to see it. He is in great spirits. Hope he has a speedy recovery
    IF YOU WON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, PLEASE, FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM!!!!

2008 V2K Classic LT
    2004 Toyota Tacoma
    Schwinn Homegrown
    CouchSurfing
    Patriot Guard Riders

Quote Originally Posted by Pelon1 View Post
    Went and saw Mark this AM, he showed me the videoGuess ya have to visit him to see it. He is in great spirits. Hope he has a speedy recovery
    Thanks Thane

ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar
    Stopped in again this morning on my way to work. I think it caught up to him today. Not as chipper but still in good spirits. Orthopedic doc said his clavicle might heal properly and it might not. That is so helpful don't you think. With luck Mark will get to go home tomorrow.
    Chere'