Thread: Retiring from the AF in 90 days Out of UTAH in 45

Retiring from the AF in 90 days Out of UTAH in 45

So I have been gone for a while due to anouther surgery on my foot. Tarseltunnel this time. I just started walking again last week thank god the crutches have been a drag. But on the positive side the Air Force has decided it is time to put me out to pasture.... they have offerd me a full military retirement with all the bennies to go with it... So I will be moving to the Fresno CA area here in a few weeks. Since I am over 30% disabled just throught he AF now and who knows how hight it will go through the VA. They will be sending me to school on a full ride for up to 4 years. They will provide me with a housing alowance, a living stipen above my VA benifits. So my family and I will be set for at least 4 years while I am in school. Then I will have to get off my but and find a real job.
    It has been great knowing you on the forum enjoy this beautiful state for me.
    "I'm a firm believer that if you play for more than you can afford to lose, you will learn the game." Winston Churchill

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by snccoulter View Post
    So I have been gone for a while due to anouther surgery on my foot. Tarseltunnel this time. I just started walking again last week thank god the crutches have been a drag. But on the positive side the Air Force has decided it is time to put me out to pasture.... they have offerd me a full military retirement with all the bennies to go with it... So I will be moving to the Fresno CA area here in a few weeks. Since I am over 30% disabled just throught he AF now and who knows how hight it will go through the VA. They will be sending me to school on a full ride for up to 4 years. They will provide me with a housing alowance, a living stipen above my VA benifits. So my family and I will be set for at least 4 years while I am in school. Then I will have to get off my but and find a real job.
    It has been great knowing you on the forum enjoy this beautiful state for me.
    I remember you expressing your anxiety about getting the full retirement. Glad you received it. Wish you luck as you recover and the best as you continue schooling while providing for your family.

You can still keep in touch with us. It's not just a Utah forum ya know....
    ●Canyoneering 'Canyon Conditions' @ www.candition.com
    ●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "He who walks on the edge...will eventually fall."
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

I'm glad things appear to be working out so nicely for you and your family. Do you know what you'd like to study in school?

I'm with Jman, this isn't just a Utah forum, so hopefully this is more of a good bye to Utah, than to Bogley.
    "My heart shall cry out for Moab..." Isaiah 15:5

what will they ever do without you?

and even though california may seem like living in a foreign country, it's really not, once you adjust to it. although you may try and get some type of foreign deployment added to your benefits. never hurts to ask.

and do feel free to pop in bogley is just a click away. hell, you can even drive out of california if you feel adventurous, and can get an exit visa.
    But if I agreed with you, we would both be wrong.

It is to UT I will always come back to the site. I plan on studying IT and all the computer stuff. Kinda figure there will always be a need for it.
    "I'm a firm believer that if you play for more than you can afford to lose, you will learn the game." Winston Churchill

Congrats dood. Keep us updated!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by snccoulter View Post
    It is to UT I will always come back to the site. I plan on studying IT and all the computer stuff. Kinda figure there will always be a need for it.
    I'm not sure what computer training you have had thus far, but if you are starting out, if I may solicit my opinion and personal experience...Once you master the basics, through your computer tech basics class - your end goal should be Comptia's A+ Certification. From there, I would study networking essentials and take the Network+ certification test.

With those, it will be easy to branch off into any computer science field with a very SOUND and SOLID knowledge base of computers, OSs, and networking, plus hundreds of hours of experience. If you have just THOSE two certifications you can beat out a LOT of your entry-level competition. And I'm speaking of you doing that within a 2-3 year time-frame.

Good luck!
    ●Canyoneering 'Canyon Conditions' @ www.candition.com
    ●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "He who walks on the edge...will eventually fall."
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

wow!