Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 127 Hours - My Review

Did anyone else catch the story relating to this on KUER this morning with interviews from our own Shane Burrows and Scott Card? I thought they did a great job - waydago you guys!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Great review Jammer. I thought it was a great film. It really sticks with you.

The Homestead Crater was a little corny. Very few pools that clear & certainly none that warm in the slots!

Blog Entries
    ●Canyoneering 'Canyon Conditions' @ www.candition.com
    ●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "He who walks on the edge...will eventually fall."
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

He was pretty poised on Leno. Has really developed a fine speaking voice. Came across really well, IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian in SLC View Post
    He was pretty poised on Leno. Has really developed a fine speaking voice. Came across really well, IMHO.
    I agree - I like his message.
    Some people "go" through life and other people "grow" through life. -Robert Holden

Bogley BigShot
    Saw it this weekend. Cutting the skin with that dull knife seemed nothing next to breaking the bone and then cutting the nerves. Imagine the pain! OUCH!!!!!!

Kudos to the man for doing that! Dang!

Utah story "127 Hours" gets six Oscar noms

In this film publicity image released by Fox Searchlight Pictures, James Franco is shown in a scene from "127 Hours." The film was nominated for an Academy Award for best film, Tuesday, Jan. 25, 2011. The Oscars will be presented Feb. 27 at the Kodak Theatre in Hollywood. (AP Photo/Fox Searchlight Pictures, Chuck Zlotnick)

Published on Jan 25, 2011

Utah is well represented at the 83rd Academy Awards, thanks to "127 Hours."
    The survival drama, which depicts how climber Aron Ralston endured when his arm was pinned by a boulder in Utah's Bluejohn Canyon, received six Oscar nominations this morning.

The film - which was shot in Utah - was nominated for Best Picture, for James Franco's acting performance, for the adapted screenplay (by Danny Boyle and Simon Beaufoy), for film editing, and two to composer A.R. Rahman -- for original score and for the song "If I Rise."

Speaking of Utah ties to Oscar nominations, cinematographer Roger Deakins -- a Park City resident -- was nominated for his work on the Coen brothers' "True Grit."

So as anyone been to the manufactured slot in the granite warehouse? Have they torn it down? That would be interesting to see.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Utah was big mistake

here is the clip for the lazy...