Thread: Happy Ending

Happy Ending

This week, my family and I weren't sure if we would even go fishing. Finally at around noon today, we got it in gear and took a drive. We knew that the sunlight wouldn't let us fish for too long after the drive, so making good time was a plus.

At the turnoff to the Soldier Creek Dam at Strawberry, I asked my wife whether I should turn or keep going. She didn't have an answer handy and neither did I, so we stayed in our lane and cruised up to Currant Creek Reservoir. Sure it was another chunk of time to get there, but I was confident that the action would be faster for us.

Pulling up to today's spot of choice, one party was just about to leave. They reported fair success for everyone, giving us a bit of hope.

A chilly breeze rattled through us right away and that drove my wife and kids back to the car after only one cast. This left me to wander the shoreline a bit and get in some casting. A few medium sized tigers and a small rainbow entertained me for a little while, only 2 of which were photo worthy:

That one almost hit 17 inches. This other one was just pretty.

The next fish would be one that I always knew existed in Currant Creek, but hadn't been able to find in all these years. I saw the take, as the large body flashed in and out of view. Hardly believing what my eyes had seen, I set the hook and played the portly beast until it was ready for my hand.

Wow. A beautiful 24 inch male cutthroat. Oh, how I'd been waiting for this one!

The day couldn't possibly get any better at that point, so I took my cue to get home in time to catch some football. The ride home was spent giggling like a little girl.

I really needed that.

Happy Fishing, Humans.
    Lost On A Hill

Utah Water Log

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Oh yeah. Now thats a FISH!!!!!

You are making me want to sneak back up there before its done for the year!!!!

Damn nice.

So how did you prepare the beast for eating???? How did you cook it? And.... was it delicious????

Looks like you were on the opposite side of the boat ramps, were you told me to go last time.....

Whoah! Good on ya!

Quote Originally Posted by JONBOYLEMON View Post
    So how did you prepare the beast for eating???? How did you cook it? And.... was it delicious????

Looks like you were on the opposite side of the boat ramps, were you told me to go last time.....
    Yep, on the north end between the inlets.

I cleaned it (obviously) and wrapped it in foil with some butter in the cavity. 350* for 65 minutes did the trick.

It tasted great. The meat was tender and juicy and fed all of us.
    Lost On A Hill

Utah Water Log