Thread: St George Weekend Nov 13th-15th

St George Weekend Nov 13th-15th

Hey y'all, us northern boys are making our way down south to do some riding and what not. Let's get together for some dinner at least and hopefully hit a trail or two

We'll probably be down there LATE Friday night, coming back Monday. We're planning on at least one night slamming some Crab at a buffet in Mesquite, but let's get together for some dinner maybe Sunday night?

@accadacca @Sombeech @glasscutter @shagster @theking648 @Kent K25 @blueeyes @tanya @Bo_Beck @ratagonia @fourtycal @Ride On @Deathcricket @Pelon1 @REDFOX @Garbanzo ...and anybody else I'm forgetting down there.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

We are in for dinner on Sunday evening, went to La Frontera, it was so-so, probably about 5-6 down the list for Mexican food in St George, but will make it to wherever the group decides. Casa Dona Maria on 700 South was good but have only been there once. Any idea what trails you plan on hitting? I might be in but haven't been out too much lately.
    IF YOU WON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, PLEASE, FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM!!!!

2008 V2K Classic LT
    2004 Toyota Tacoma
    Schwinn Homegrown
    CouchSurfing
    Patriot Guard Riders

I would like to hit the JEM trail and GVL for sure. I would love to ride Gooseberry Mesa as well. Gooseberry is a favorite...perhaps on Saturday morning? Then ride JEM on the way back? I am open to new trails as well. There are some that I haven't tried.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelon1 View Post
    We are in for dinner on Sunday evening, went to La Frontera, it was so-so

come on, no love?

I finally had my smothered burrito (3 actually) last week, after living 6 months without one..

as for trails, we need to get you out to the new one's rim rock, sidewinder, and barrel roll. all at the same trailhead. is mark coming with you? last time he was here we did anasazi, so we can repeat that one.
    Candition.com | Canyon Conditions

<%@me = User.find_by_adventurer(params[:theking648])%>

Quote Originally Posted by theking648 View Post
    come on, no love?

I finally had my smothered burrito (3 actually) last week, after living 6 months without one..

as for trails, we need to get you out to the new one's rim rock, sidewinder, and barrel roll. all at the same trailhead. is mark coming with you? last time he was here we did anasazi, so we can repeat that one.
    Yeah Mark will be coming down with us.

Ah'sya (Vietnamese), Mongolian BBQ, Casa Dona Maria, Benja's (Thai), Don Pedros, Anasazi Steak House, Troy's BBQ, La Frontera, and there are several little mexi places like Alvero's, Irmita's, and Alberto's that have good food as well.
    We will have kids so not sure if mountain biking will be possible.
    Last edited by Pelon1; 11-08-2010 at 06:46 PM. Reason: Links
    IF YOU WON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, PLEASE, FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM!!!!

2008 V2K Classic LT
    2004 Toyota Tacoma
    Schwinn Homegrown
    CouchSurfing
    Patriot Guard Riders

This was in the Daily Spectrum today

ST. GEORGE — Monday morning’s showers began what is forecast to be a week of constant rain and snow in Southern Utah. While showers may have subsided Monday afternoon, many of the ominous clouds didn’t. And National Weather Service Hydrologist Brian McInerney said there would be a lot more where that came from.
    “Three active storms will be moving in here,” he said. “Tuesday should be clear, but then Tuesday night another system will move in. What we will have is rainfall at a pretty consistent rate.” Expected to last until Sunday, the wet conditions were significant enough for the NWS to issue a hazardous weather outlook for the majority of Utah.

2008 V2K Classic LT
    2004 Toyota Tacoma
    Schwinn Homegrown
    CouchSurfing
    Patriot Guard Riders

That's no good. I have been keeping an eye on my weather channel app and it says 59 and sun all weekend. Have to keep an eye on it.

I think the paper is screwed up, weather.com says its gonna be fine.

2008 V2K Classic LT
    2004 Toyota Tacoma
    Schwinn Homegrown
    CouchSurfing
    Patriot Guard Riders

Yeah I wouldn't trust "the daily spectrum."

I can already taste the crab. Man it's worth the drive just for that...

Internet will be limited for us. Call or text me if you guys want to meet up for dinner one night down there. 801-668-2232

We are hitting Barrel Roll or Rim Rock Trail tomorrow (Saturday)

we will be meeting at the gas station in Santa Clara @ 8:45am see map below

If you're coming give me or Justin a call or txt.

cheers,
    Dave
    (435) 632 - 9615
    Candition.com | Canyon Conditions

<%@me = User.find_by_adventurer(params[:theking648])%>

Dave let me know you guys were in town but I had to run a Triathlon on Sat. Let me know where the meet up is for dinner Sun and me and the wife will join ya. If you are into buffets the Ichiban place is $12.99 and has all the crab legs, sushi, and whatever. But I would not mind driving to Mesquite either, need to stock up on alcohol anyways.
    Your safety is not my responsibility.

Nice to meet up with you Jacob.

Unfortunately we won't be able to meet up tonight (Sunday), we've had a little biking mishap and one of us is in the Hospital. :(

Next time don't come down during Basketball season!

Sorry I missed everything!