Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Utah Football 2011

In case you missed it.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Double Moo sent this to me. He got it from a family member who lives in the L.A. area.

******, ******* and I had dinner last night with Kyle Wittingham, Norm Chow, and Chris Hill

Utah's QB situation is still extremely shaky at best. Jordan can't stay healthy and without a good solid QB Utah is going no where...

....That....

and I've yet to hear a coach at this point in the season say "yeah, we got a real shitty team for the coming season".... at this time of year every football coach in the country is farting rainbows.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    and I've yet to hear a coach at this point in the season say "yeah, we got a real shitty team for the coming season".... at this time of year every football coach in the country is farting rainbows.
    Of course...especially at an alumni dinner.

Some interesting tidbits anyway...

@JJSportsBeat Jeremiah Jensen

Pac-12 has agreed to a media rights deal with ESPN and Fox worth 2.7 B over 12 years and more than $225M per year http://bit.ly/k5zUYn

@JJSportsBeat Jeremiah Jensen

This Pac-12 media rights deal with ESPN and Fox is the richest in college history and tops the SEC deal. Larry Scott is a genius.

I cant wait for Football to be back.

Remember this!?

Are you asking if I remember the game or the crappy MTN broadcasts?

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    I cant wait for Football to be back.

Remember this!?
    I remember something the replay officials don't want to remember... :)

Just got my USC tix. Do the Utes have a chance?

Name:  attachment..jpg
Views: 168
Size:  127.3 KB

I hope so...I HATE USC!!!

Curious, (Colorado State graduate here) is there pressure for the University of Utah to form a rivalry with University of Colorado? Both new teams to the conference, geographical proximity, etc. Or will Utah keep scheduling games against BYU as its traditional rival (This is kind of what CU and CSU do since they aren't in the same conference)?

Quote Originally Posted by AChrysler View Post
    is there pressure for the University of Utah to form a rivalry with University of Colorado?
    My 2 cents... The PAC 12 is hoping Utah and Colorado form a rivalry. Back when folks still rode dinosaurs to the game they were rivals in the old Skyline conference. If you look at how many times Utah has played a particular opponent you will see Colorado near the top of the list (top 3 if I remember correctly).

Now my gut feeling is Utah and Colorado will NOT become major rivals, at least not in the near future. I expect USC to be Utah's biggest game of the PAC 12 schedule, at least for now.

And I expect BYU will fade as a major opponent and rival for Utah for a number of reasons. For one the game will no longer carry the importance to Utah, it is now basically a preseason game. I don't see the match-up being yearly in the not to distant future because of Utah's conference schedule they will need to drop BYU some years to schedule other major programs. And honestly, the way the BCS is setup its not in Utah's best interest to play BYU every year, you need some cupcakes on the schedule. I wouldn't be surprised to see Utah alternate years between playing BYU and Utah State. At least until the current BCS system meets the end it deserves.

YMMV

i don't think utah and byu stop playing. my guess is that they will be the first game of the season every year now... both universities have expressed interest in continuing the rivalry.

rest of your post sounds about right. except that USC won't give a sh!t about the utes. that's a one way rivalry my friend...

FWIW: if you follow Utah football you may have noticed the athletic department has already sent up the trail balloon about not playing BYU every year. That is why I think you will see it become every other year somewhere down the road.

Interesting... in theory CSU is supposed to be an 'easy' first game for CU every year, but because the rivalry is so heated when CU loses it looks pretty bad for them.

The BCS is a pretty crazy scheme; I always felt bad for Utah not getting respect in the MWC and I had hoped eventually the MWC would either join or be fundamental in destroying the BCS.

Either way I won't mind watching Utah beat CU once a year and I hope to see Utah succeed in its new environment!

To become a rivalry the game has to mean something special. For CU and Utah to become rival's they will need to meet several years in a row where the game decides the Southern Division. Or have one of the teams keep knocking the other out of contention in the Southern Division, otherwise it's just anther game IMHO.

IMO, as mentioned. Utah is going to have less and less to play for against BYU. I hate to say it and see it potentialy end, but who has more to gain (BYU) and who has more to lose (Utah)?

Gotta say I like looking at this page this year: http://espn.go.com/college-football/...-12-conference

Who will be at the Utah game this Thursday?