Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Utah Football 2011

It's game day bitches!!!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I'll be there - not having a productive day work. I am looking forward to an excellent evening at RES.
    Biking, Hiking, and Fishing are life. Everything else is just fluff.

Getting ready to head up the hill...

Montana State? Did they steal someone off BYU's schedule?

Utah for the win!!!!

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

Very sad news.

--

Ron Tongaonevai's wife dies in wreck

SALT LAKE CITY -- Team officials say the wife of a Utah football player was killed in a car accident about 90 minutes after the Utes' game against Montana State.

The team released a statement saying Janelle Tongaonevai died about 10:30 p.m. Thursday in West Valley City after Utah beat Montana State, 27-10.

Ron Tongaonevai is a junior defensive lineman from West Valley City. The couple was married in the summer of 2010.

The team is planning to go ahead with postgame meetings Friday but says no players or coaches will be available to the media out of respect for the Tongaonevai family.

A team tribute and funeral plans are in the works and will be announced later.

Coach Kyle Whittingham says in a statement that everyone's thoughts and prayers are with the family.

Source: http://espn.go.com/college-football/...s-car-accident

man Utah looked like the poops vs Montana state...Better hope Wynn can actually throw the ball a little better than his 2 yard td passes. USC next week @ USC, time too see what the Utards are made of this year. Utah was favored by 29 pts, glad I didn't bet on this one.

Two wheels are better than four, keep the rubber side down.

I'll be in Trojan country...

The betting line is out..... Utah is a 10 point dog to USC.

I think Utah is a pretty good bet. I don't see them getting blown out with that hard hitting and speedy D. And USC's offense wasn't very impressive in their first game.

It should be fun!

Yeah baby..... I just tapped the keg and started preparing the babyback ribs for the Q.... I can't wait for kick-off.

Go Utes!

Sitting outside the stadium in LA eating lunch. Lotta Utah Red around. GO Utes!

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    Sitting outside the stadium in LA eating lunch. Lotta Utah Red around. GO Utes!
    I'm jealous. Wish I had been there. It was a great way to welcome Utah to the Pac12. Fight on!!
    I just dropped by to see what condition my condition is in.

Major props to Ute fans everywhere...not for the result of the game, but the behavior in real life and forums afterward. I came to work on Monday just dreading the heap of crap I was going to take for that embarrassing performance on Saturday, but was pleasantly surprised. Sure people joked here and there but I expected much worse. Everything has been pretty classy. And half the people showing class are my 13-15 year old students...that's impressive.

Is it due to the conference change? Totally lopsided score? Whatever it was I thought Utah fans were much classier winners this year than any other year I've witnessed.

FYI - I know BYU fans can be crappy/classless winners as well. This is meant as a 100% sincere compliment to Utah/Utah fans. No backhanded intentions.

Quote Originally Posted by Kent K25 View Post
    Major props to Ute fans everywhere...not for the result of the game, but the behavior in real life and forums afterward. I came to work on Monday just dreading the heap of crap I was going to take for that embarrassing performance on Saturday, but was pleasantly surprised. Sure people joked here and there but I expected much worse. Everything has been pretty classy. And half the people showing class are my 13-15 year old students...that's impressive.

Is it due to the conference change? Totally lopsided score? Whatever it was I thought Utah fans were much classier winners this year than any other year I've witnessed.

FYI - I know BYU fans can be crappy/classless winners as well. This is meant as a 100% sincere compliment to Utah/Utah fans. No backhanded intentions.
    Yeah not sure whats up, but I have witnessed the same thing. Gotta be the lopsided score. The Utes had mercy on the Cougs at the end and could have scored again. They took a knee near the end and even gave it back near the redzone. The backups came in with half the 4th left too...yadda, yadda.

The highlights on this one never get old.

5 turnovers? Yikes! ASU next week with a JC QB. Going to be ugly.

And Wynn was actually looking pretty good in the first half...

Quote Originally Posted by skiclimb3287 View Post
    And Wynn was actually looking pretty good in the first half...

Not bad. He was only responsible for one turnover and when he left it was a 3 point game.

For a change he seemed to be playing with some confidence. He actually was throwing the long ball for once and accurately at that! That interception was a pretty poor attempt at a pass. I definitely feel that we beat ourselves in that game. You can't turn the ball over 3 times in the red zone and expect to win. Not to mention once in their red zone second into the game! Oh well, onto AZ state...