Thread: Dating site 'for ugly people' celebrating first engagement! (PIC!)

Dating site 'for ugly people' celebrating first engagement! (PIC!)

Name:  Ugly_1749293c..jpg
Views: 4252
Size:  30.5 KB

Britain's first dating agency established for people who are "aesthetically challenged" is celebrating an unlikely milestone after it produced its first engagement between its members.
    Tom Clifford and Janine Walker, who say they have ''great personalities", plan to marry later this year following a whirlwind online romance.
    The couple met less than a month ago on www.theuglybugball.com - a dating website for the ''aesthetically challenged''.
    But after four dates they became engaged earlier this week.
    Now the pair, who enjoyoed a mutual love of junk food and TV dinners, are planning a winter wedding near their respective homes in Stow-on-the-Wold, Gloucestershire.
    Mr Clifford, 36, a carpet fitter who has a ''face that makes children cry'', said: ''I've been a joke to women for years because of the way I look.
    ''I always thought that I was too ugly to meet Mrs Right but my life changed when I met Janine.
    ''She's beautiful and I love her in every possible way. I still can't believe this is happening.''
    Mr Clifford, who has been single since 1998, spotted Janine, 31, on the site in late August.
    His cover email read: ''Dear Janine, Just seen your beautiful face on The Ugly Bug Ball and would love to meet up. You live near me, so this shouldn't be a problem.
    ''I've got a face that makes children cry but, as they say, beauty is in the eye of the beholder - and I think you'll love me too.''
    Miss Walker, a shop assistant who lives with her parents, agreed.
    ''The rest, as they say, is history,'' she said.
    "I appreciate that Tom isn't Brad Pitt, but then I'm no Angelina Jolie either.
    "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and to me Tom's the perfect, handsome prince."
    She added: "I'm just so pleased to have been able to meet him, and I'm head-over-heels in love."
    The pair are now planning an intimate wedding for friends and family and have already begun writing their own vows.
    They have also received a free honeymoon to Borth in Wales, courtesy of The Ugly Bug Ball.
    A spokesman for the site said: ''This is our first engagement, and we are obviously delighted for them both.
    ''We offered them the trip to Borth because we have a company caravan there and wish them every success in the future.''

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/relations...ngagement.html

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    Britain's

...say no more.

obviously this is bad news for purveyors of alcohol.
    But if I agreed with you, we would both be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by denaliguide View Post
    obviously this is bad news for purveyors of alcohol.

Name:  panty..jpg
Views: 534
Size:  18.7 KB