Thread: The Egypts?

The Egypts?

We're getting down to Escalante next week. I have three questions.

1 - Is it possible to hit both Egypt 2 and Egypt 3 in a day?

2 - If not, which one should we do and why?

3 - Egypt 4. Is it as bad as I've read?

Gracias.
    You May All Go To Hell And I Will Go To Texas

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by xxnitsuaxx View Post

Gracias.
    One of my favorites is to go down 2 and up 3 using the short rappel entrance of E2 . The last time we did that route it took us about 8 hours with a large group.

Thanks! I've heard about the linkup and it sounds fun.

Not to complicate the question, but I'll also throw Main Lep (or any combo of the Leps) and Pandora's Box into the mix. This is likely my last weekend before school forces me to shut down until December. If y'all had to pick one canyon to maintain your sanity for the next two months, which one would it be?

Content Provider Emeritus ratagonia's Avatar

2 - If not, which one should we do and why?
    3 - Egypt 4. Is it as bad as I've read?

Gracias.
    E4 is quite difficult. About as hard as Sandthrax without the crux climb, I hear, but have not experienced.

Tom

Content Provider Emeritus ratagonia's Avatar
    Thanks! I've heard about the linkup and it sounds fun.

Not to complicate the question, but I'll also throw Main Lep (or any combo of the Leps) and Pandora's Box into the mix. This is likely my last weekend before school forces me to shut down until December. If y'all had to pick one canyon to maintain your sanity for the next two months, which one would it be?
    You are asking about canyons that cut a huge range of style, difficulty and length. In Zion the equivalent would be: Subway (E2/E3), Pine Creek (East/Middle lep) or Imlay (Pandora). So it depends on what you want to do, and how you feel about getting up at 4 am to pull off a Pandora's.

Tom

Not to complicate the question, but I'll also throw Main Lep (or any combo of the Leps) and Pandora's Box into the mix.
    Not saying one is better then the other.... but its a good time of year to do Pandora's Box.... you want to do that one when its cool or cold outside.... its a 10 to 12 hour day so get an early start. Leaves should still be colorful which would help with the hike out...

Pandora's Box

Name:  pandora1..jpg
Views: 179
Size:  23.9 KB

Please forgive the uncharacteristically vague question. I'm looking for a fairly long (all day) canyon that's as physical as possible. I prefer lots of good downclimbs and stemming. Frozen yogurt stands at the exit are a major plus.

i have been down egypt 3 and up egypt 2 in a day. there is a place in egypt 2 where you do a few chimney moves up over a chockstone (at the top of the chockstone there was a bunch of webbing, obvious rap point for some descending egypt 2), not far (and possibly right above the chockstone) we found a moki step exit that made an easy exit to the east.
    But if I agreed with you, we would both be wrong.

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Outdoor Forum