Thread: Roost Conditions????

Roost Conditions????

Anyone been tot he roost lately? How is the road and the water level in the canyons?

Planning to tick off some of the classics - Not Mindbener and Mindbender and repeat some of the old ones.

We are planning our annual Thanksgiving trip... We will be in the roost area the entire week of thanksgiving....

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

October-November are personally my favorite times to go to the roost. I was there last thanksgiving and everything was bone dry. Of course last year there wasn't a killer storm in October like this year. I'm going down to Alcatraz before then so I'll let you know. We might be in the roost thanksgiving weekend as well. I went canyoneering a week and a half after the killer storm and things were drying up nicely, but the roads took a bit of damage. This was near moab.

Can't speak for the Roost, but thought I'd chime in in case you don't hear from anyone. I was nearby in N. Wash and Cedar Mesa last weekend. Everything there was full and looked like it had recently flashed. We had trouble with washed out roads in White Canyon. The Roost roads usually stay pretty good at least out to the Larry zone.

I am hopefully planning to hit the Roost the weekend of the 13th and 14th. Hopefully we can get some condition reports before then - if not, I will let you know what we see.
    "Human beings were not meant to sit in little cubicles staring at computer screens all day, filling out useless forms and listening to eight different bosses drone on about mission statements"

Peter Gibbons - Office Space

Thanks... the fall storms were one of the reasons I was asking about the conditions... we are planning to camp at the traditional exit for Blue John... stop by and say hello if you are down there.

I was out there about 2 weeks ago. The roads to Blue John were in pretty good shape with the exception of about 5 pools on the road that were quickly drying out, there was only one pool by the time I left. The pools were the only obstacle that kept a low clearance, 2wd vehicle in our group from Granary springs. The road to the mindbender canyons had a few bad spots that required high clearance.

Not Mindbender was a wet muddy mess with a few chest deep pools. Who knows what it will be like by the time you get there though.

Any recent updates from anywhere in the Roost? Still hoping to head out this weekend and wondering how much water I should anticipate. Specifically from Larry/No Mans...
    "Human beings were not meant to sit in little cubicles staring at computer screens all day, filling out useless forms and listening to eight different bosses drone on about mission statements"

Peter Gibbons - Office Space

Quote Originally Posted by DWayne27 View Post
    Any recent updates from anywhere in the Roost? Still hoping to head out this weekend and wondering how much water I should anticipate. Specifically from Larry/No Mans...
    We were in Bluejohn yesterday... The road in is a bit washboarded up but could be a lot worse. There werent any places that were washed out.

As for water in the canyons, the major potholes have water as usual, but things seemed to be drying up pretty nicely. Buut that may all change with this storm moving in today.

There's a 30% chance of rain this weekend. Excluding the fact that rain weakens anchors, do you guys think the precipitation is anything to be concerned about? Also, anyone know the current conditions of Alcatraz, the canyon itself and the road to get out there?