Thread: Collins Gulch- Halloween Freshies- October 2010

Collins Gulch- Halloween Freshies- October 2010

It snowed again, so I was off very early this morning to snowshoe and get some freshies on my snowboard today. Got up there, and surprisingly, not that busy. I loaded up and slapped the snowshoes on and headed up. This is a far steeper climb than the Albion Basin was on Friday. You do about 1200 ft of vert in a bit over 1.5 miles. I took some pics on the way up, and at the mid station and at the top of the Wildcat Lift. It was slightly snowing the whole time I was climbing. As I got to the top, the clouds started to break up, and the sun came out for my ride down. I was solo today, so no pics of riding, just on the snowshoes and locked and loaded for the decent. I really had so much fun today, and the ride to the bottom was great! Freshies till I hit the bottom. It was kind of tracked and lumpy at the very bottom. All in all, I got to snowboard on Halloween this year- trick or treat for me! Hell yes for October snowboarding! Sick!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Excellent thanks for sharing the runs look like they are filling in nicely.
    livinutoutdoors.com
    Don't talk unless you can improve the silence.
    The trout do not rise in the cemetery, so you better do your fishing while you are still alive. SGH

This sort of behavior is not allowed yet.

jk, thanks for the report. We definitely need some good slope reports this winter.

Now that's dedication.

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post
    This sort of behavior is not allowed yet.

jk, thanks for the report. We definitely need some good slope reports this winter.
    I know, I am a die hard!

I will do my best to keep everyone up to date on my riding this season. 20 days till lifts start running at the Bird.

Quote Originally Posted by ibenick View Post
    Now that's dedication.
    Yeah for me, snowboarding is for sure an addiction. I figure the reports were coming in good, so might as well go get some.

I need to get one of those POV cameras, so I can post my runs at the Bird this season. Looking into that. Pricey!!!

oh yeah!

thanks for posting ... gotta get the boarding in there before the lifts start turning

Wow! Lotta snow up there. Looking forward to your reports this year.

I can't wait to strap on the board and learn some more. Maybe this year I can advance off the little cat.