Thread: Laws on Load limit for semi shotguns?

Laws on Load limit for semi shotguns?

Hey all, got a little worried here and just wanted some advice. I have a Mossberg 500a that had a dowel inside the spring chamber and only allowed 2 rounds. I just took it out and now I got 5 round capacity. As near as I can tell this limit is imposed for fowl hunting and it is not illegal for home defense and target shooting. I can always pop it back in guess, but it just sounds so retarded a law like this even exists. But I was curious if anyone had a difinitive answer on this.

Here's the vid in case you are curious..

Your safety is not my responsibility.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

removal of the plug is not illegal for home defense or target shooting. however having more than a 3 round capacity will get you a ticket when out bird hunting. i think the law was put in place to discourage taking shots which would be out of range..
    But if I agreed with you, we would both be wrong.

Thanks DG! You da man as usual.
    Your safety is not my responsibility.

Partially correct. You must have the plug in for migrational birds only - Ducks, Geese, and Doves here in Utah (maybe other I don't hunt). For upland birds no plug is needed - Pheasants, Chuckars, Grouse, etc... Bunnies, coyote, and anything else is fair game with as many shells as you can hold. My Xtrema holds 6 - more the merrier I say!!! I have a buddy that put an extention tube on his Beretta - 12 with one in the chamber!!! (you can buy them for various shotguns at Cabelas)

What double moo said is 100 percent correct. It seems to be the same in most of the other states as well. I loaded my extrema with 6 slug shells while in Alaska for bear protection while flyfishing on an extreme trip.