Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Snow this weekend?

Snow this weekend?

The forecast is looking a bit dicey in my neck of the woods. How about at your place?

Name:  photo..jpg
Views: 342
Size:  27.9 KB

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Yeah 50% chance of snow up the Cottonwood Canyons by Monday. I really am ready to snowboard again. I know, grump grump, but I am for sure a four seasons guy. I have had a great spring, summer and fall, I am ready for some pow pow!

Cottonwood Canyons Forecast:

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick...1.65444&zone=1

Utah NWS Weather Alert

...A MUCH COLDER AND WETTER PATTERN BEGINNING THIS WEEKEND... THE MILD FALL WEATHER OF LATE WILL TAKE A DRAMATIC TURN BEGINNING THIS WEEKEND. THE FIRST IN A SERIES OF PACIFIC WEATHER DISTURBANCES WILL CROSS NORTHERN UTAH ON SATURDAY. THIS FEATURE WILL BRING COOLER TEMPERATURES AND WIDESPREAD PRECIPITATION TO NORTHERN UTAH... WITH ACCUMULATING SNOWS POSSIBLE AT THE HIGHER ELEVATIONS OF THE WASATCH RANGE. SOUTHERN UTAH WILL ALSO EXPERIENCE THE COOLER TEMPERATURES...BUT SHOULD SEE SUBSTANTIALLY LESS PRECIPITATION. A WARM FRONT WILL CROSS NORTHERN AND CENTRAL UTAH LATE SATURDAY NIGHT THROUGH EARLY SUNDAY. THIS FEATURE WILL BOOST TEMPERATURES SOMEWHAT WHILE MAINTAINING WIDESPREAD PRECIPITATION ACROSS THE NORTHERN UTAH. BY SUNDAY NIGHT THE BOTTOM WILL FALL OUT OF THE TEMPERATURES AS A STRONG COLD FRONT SWEEPS SOUTH ACROSS THE STATE BY MONDAY AFTERNOON. HEAVY AND WIDESPREAD PRECIPITATION WILL EXIST ALONG AND BEHIND THE FRONT...WITH SIGNIFICANT ACCUMULATIONS OF SNOW EXPECTED IN THE NORTHERN AND CENTRAL MOUNTAINS. SNOW LEVELS WILL BECOME QUITE LOW...WITH MOST NORTHERN VALLEY LOCATIONS SEEING A RAIN AND SNOW MIX OR EVEN A SMALL ACCUMULATION OF SNOW IN THE FOOTHILLS. PRECIPITATION WILL TAPER OFF LATE MONDAY NIGHT THROUGH EARLY TUESDAY. THIS BREAK WILL BE BRIEF AS A NEW AND MUCH COLDER PACIFIC STRENGTHEN ACROSS THE GREAT BASIN LATE TUESDAY. THIS TROUGH WILL SETTLE OVER UTAH FOR TUESDAY NIGHT AND WEDNESDAY. THE COLDEST AIR OF THE FALL SEASON WILL ACCOMPANY THIS TROUGH...RESULTING IN ANOTHER ROUND OF SNOW IN THE MOUNTAINS AND RAIN AND SNOW IN THE VALLEYS. TEMPERATURES WILL GENERALLY RANGE BETWEEN 10 AND 20 DEGREES BELOW NORMAL ACROSS THE ENTIRE STATE ON WEDNESDAY. HIGH PRESSURE ALOFT WILL FINALLY RETURN TO THE AREA LATE IN THE WEEK. THE DRIER AIR ASSOCIATED WITH THE HIGH PRESSURE WILL ALLOW SKIES TO CLEAR ACROSS WESTERN AND SOUTHERN UTAH WEDNESDAY NIGHT. THESE CLEAR SKIES WILL ALLOW FOR FOG TO DEVELOP AND FOR TEMPERATURES TO PLUNGE IN MANY LOCATIONS. THE GROWING SEASON WILL LIKELY END IN THE REMAINING LOCATIONS THAT HAVE NOT EXPERIENCED AN HARD FREEZE YET THIS FALL SEASON. THOSE PLANNING OUTDOOR ACTIVITIES ACROSS NORTHERN AND CENTRAL UTAH THIS WEEKEND THROUGH THE FIRST HALF OF NEXT WEEK...PARTICULARLY DEER HUNTERS OUT IN THE HIGHER TERRAIN...SHOULD BE PREPARED FOR COLD AND WET WINTER-LIKE CONDITIONS. SNOW COVERED ROADWAYS ACROSS THE HIGHER TERRAIN WILL ALSO BE POSSIBLE...INCLUDING ALONG THE MIRROR LAKE HIGHWAY AND SKYLINE DRIVE.

yeah looks like we are in for the snow, time to finish up the yard work and get the lawn ready for next year!

Two wheels are better than four, keep the rubber side down.

Quote Originally Posted by live2ride View Post
    yeah looks like we are in for the snow, time to finish up the yard work and get the lawn ready for next year!

According to the 12 hour tracker on NOAA, looks like a solid 6" in the Cottonwoods by Sunday morning. Sick! Let it begin.

Snow in October? No thank you. Once it's time for the resorts to open, let it snow like crazy, until then I'll take this sweet weather we've been having. Still a few good weekends of camping left I hope.

Quote Originally Posted by ibenick View Post
    Snow in October? No thank you. Once it's time for the resorts to open, let it snow like crazy, until then I'll take this sweet weather we've been having. Still a few good weekends of camping left I hope.
    High pressure is out of here as of this weekend in the North. Looks like we are heading into a storm cycle here in the Wasatch. Keep an eye on the weather, but you will probably have to head south after this weekend to be snow free.

I would gladly skin or snowshoe for some preseason turns. We shall see what we get before opening day. Snowbird is slated to open Nov 20th, conditions permitting.

Just checked the forecast. 22" on the high end of things by Monday expected up Little Cottonwood. I am gonna head up the Tram on Sunday and see what the coverage is like. If we get enough by Tues, I may be getting my first turns of the season.

Looks like the NWS is predicting 20-30" of snow for Little Cottonwood Canyon by Monday.

Shot below is from Hidden Peak today.

Name:  1716..jpg
Views: 256
Size:  34.2 KB

A few going over guardsmans pass today. White-out conditions. I was in the exact same spot last Saturday riding wasatch crest in shorts and a t-shirt. Crazy!

Yep, the snow is making things pretty up AF canyon as well.

Pic taken this AM at Strawberry Res.
    Name:  strawberry.jpg
Views: 234
Size:  34.9 KB
    IF YOU WON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, PLEASE, FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM!!!!

2008 V2K Classic LT
    2004 Toyota Tacoma
    Schwinn Homegrown
    CouchSurfing
    Patriot Guard Riders

At least 4" outside my office in Park City this morning.

Got a little over an inch at my place in West Jordan.

Looks like I will be hiking for my first turns of the season Thursday! This pic was posted 10 min ago on The Levitation Projects Facebook page:

Name:  71772_489255709492_&.jpg
Views: 203
Size:  62.7 KB

It is just nuking up Little Cottonwood Canyon right now! 4x4 or Chains Required is always a good sign that it will be epic.

I have a solid 2-3 inches this morning at my place in South Jordan. Pics when the lights get turned on...