Thread: my first canyoneering and rappelling trip

my first canyoneering and rappelling trip

on thrusday oct.17th we met up with my new friends tyler and scarlet and headed over to the red rock cliffs in st. george to do our first rappel on a 90' cliff.
    it seemed very scary for this city boy but tyler made me feel right at home, pluse i needed to breakin my new canyoneering gear for my crawford arch hike.
    backing up to the edge of the cliff was very scary but after that first step it felt like i have done it all my life and i found myself wanting to do it over and over again i couldnt help feeling like i have done it many times before, i am hooked cant wait to do it again, oh yea my honey seemed to enjoy it to
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    just gona stand there and watch me burn...... thats alright cuzi like the way it hurts

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    Who's this Tyler guy??
    I've heard of Scarlet, she is somewhat famous, has a canyon near there named for her.

Nice job! For the record that is one of the hardest cliffs to learn on IMO. When you get into some vertical stuff it will be much easier for ya. I'm sure you noticed at the very last 10 feet how much easier it was when it got steep. But hey, if you can hack that, you're ready for the big leagues now. Next time try Cougar cliffs, closer to Saint George, longer runs, and no park entry fee. :)
    Your safety is not my responsibility.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathcricket View Post
    Nice job! For the record that is one of the hardest cliffs to learn on IMO. When you get into some vertical stuff it will be much easier for ya. I'm sure you noticed at the very last 10 feet how much easier it was when it got steep. But hey, if you can hack that, you're ready for the big leagues now. Next time try Cougar cliffs, closer to Saint George, longer runs, and no park entry fee. :)
    x2. Cougar cliffs is a great spot. 2min approach, 80-195 ft cliffs and 5-10min return hike.
    ●Canyoneering 'Canyon Conditions' @ www.candition.com
    ●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "He who walks on the edge...will eventually fall."
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"