Thread: Repeat JR TR October 15, 2010

Repeat JR TR October 15, 2010

With several of us on the mend with injuries acquired from recent hiking and canyoneering adventures and joined by a Newbee for good quantums, we decided on a Moab Rehab of sorts where hopefully we would find some easier, less physical canyons to sustain our canyoneering compulsions. First up was Reapeat Jr. a canyon just outside and north of Arches NP with the hype as an easy canyon with few obstacles. The reality was a short and fun 1-2 hour canyon with a big entrance drop that requires users to squirm, slide and stem in the last half of the single rappel. A nice walkout thru the slot followed the rappel. On our way back along the ridge we retrieved our 200 foot rope and webbing we had anchored to a tree with a backup at the small arch 20 feet up the back wall..

Thanks to all of my canyoneering partners that always add to the fun

Thanks to Climb-Utah for beta.

Doug French
    Attached Images Attached Images                  
    Last edited by french_de; 01-14-2015 at 01:19 PM. Reason: fixed text lost to migration

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nice,

If you haven't done Undercover, I recommend it. I gonna have to head back out there and due the rest of the short canyons out there.

Cool. That slot looks intimidating from above. Nice.

Quote Originally Posted by moab mark View Post
    Nice,

If you haven't done Undercover, I recommend it. I gonna have to head back out there and due the rest of the short canyons out there.
    We had Undercover in mind but another group out there was going in the same day we were so we chose MMI instead to keep things uncrowded. I 'll do TR on that one shortly.

We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    I love your Tr's, reminds me of watching red ants on an ant hill,lol.

Quote Originally Posted by oldno7 View Post
    I love your Tr's, reminds me of watching red ants on an ant hill,lol.
    Yeah! more fun when we swarm.

fun canyon indeed. hell, if i'd known that "french-de" was in the mix i would have fetched you a cold one. FYI, we were the party camped at the slickrock between Repeat JR parking and La Boca Arch. i chatted briefly with the gentleman (didnt get a name) wearing the green pants - blue shirt - black hat prior to your descent.

Quote Originally Posted by Moose Droppings View Post
    fun canyon indeed. hell, if i'd known that "french-de" was in the mix i would have fetched you a cold one. FYI, we were the party camped at the slickrock between Repeat JR parking and La Boca Arch. i chatted briefly with the gentleman (didnt get a name) wearing the green pants - blue shirt - black hat prior to your descent.
    Yeah! you had a nice camp site. You probably noticed we rolled by a couple times Shucks...It looks like I missed another opportunity for a cold one. Dave Huth was the gentlemen you spoke with.