Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Math Teacher Failed (Pic)

Math Teacher Failed (Pic)

Name:  65APr..jpg
Views: 555
Size:  55.8 KB

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I am not sure who the bigger fail is. Marie or the teacher. 10 minutes to make 1 cut. Come on Marie.

I also think the question is misleading. It should say "If she works just as slow, how long will it take her to saw another board into 3 pieces?"

Our public school system at its finest.
    "My heart shall cry out for Moab..." Isaiah 15:5

Quote Originally Posted by JONBOYLEMON View Post
    I am not sure who the bigger fail is. Marie or the teacher. 10 minutes to make 1 cut. Come on Marie.

I also think the question is misleading. It should say "If she works just as slow, how long will it take her to saw another board into 3 pieces?"

IF she isn't happy no ones happy. If she isn't happy long enough you'll unhappy with half your stuff.
    http://childbikingutah.blogspot.com/

I had a math teacher like that in Jr High. It's burned into my brain like it was yesterday....

The question was "what is Pi equal to?" I answered 3.1416, the teacher marked that wrong and said the correct answer was 3.14 (because that was the answer listed in the book). I tried to explain to the dumbass where he made his mistake and instead of listening he sent me to the principles office for taking back to him....

Instead of going to the principles office I called my ol' man and he came down and straightened the dumbass out in a loud and clear voice, while holding the teacher by the front of his shirt so his feet couldn't touch the ground in front of the entire class.... sometimes its nice having an old school dad and growing up back in the day.... probably have to go to feelings counseling or some other bullshit if you tried that now days....

The teacher wouldn't even grade my work after that... just marked me 100% on anything I turned in...

My dad and I still laugh about this whenever one of us brings it up....

Content Provider Emeritus ratagonia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    I had a math teacher like that in Jr High. It's burned into my brain like it was yesterday....

The question was "what is Pi equal to?" I answered 3.1416, the teacher marked that wrong and said the correct answer was 3.14 (because that was the answer listed in the book). I tried to explain to the dumbass where he made his mistake and instead of listening he sent me to the principles office for taking back to him....

Instead of going to the principles office I called my ol' man and he came down and straightened the dumbass out in a loud and clear voice, while holding the teacher by the front of his shirt so his feet couldn't touch the ground in front of the entire class.... sometimes its nice having an old school dad and growing up back in the day.... probably have to go to feelings counseling or some other bullshit if you tried that now days....

The teacher wouldn't even grade my work after that... just marked me 100% on anything I turned in...

My dad and I still laugh about this whenever one of us brings it up....
    Yup. Good ol' Assault. Used to 'solve' a lot of problems. Good to teach the kids that Might Makes Right!

"Feelings counseling" - is that what they call county jail these days???

Tom

10. Likes tanya liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post

Quote Originally Posted by ratagonia View Post
    Yup. Good ol' Assault. Used to 'solve' a lot of problems. Good to teach the kids that Might Makes Right!

"Feelings counseling" - is that what they call county jail these days???

Tom
    I'm with Tom on this one...

13. Likes tanya liked this post
    I see the candyass line forming to the left.....

Staring across at the dumbass line on the right.

Dang, where's the answer key? Maybe this is 2 people at fault; the original author, and the teacher blindly following the answer key. Either way, I hope the teacher didn't come up with that on their own, maybe they can blame the system.

and they say the public schools are failing? oh, wait..............................
    But if I agreed with you, we would both be wrong.

I think the teacher needs to go to the wood shop and learn how many cuts it takes to make three pieces from one, or two from one for that matter. Are you kidding me? Framing or finish carpentry ain't his summer job.
    Life is Good

Zions the "s" is silent trackrunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kent K25 View Post
    I'm with Tom on this one...
    says the math teacher. you got parents like this?

Well apparently this is the result of fewer physical threats to the teacher.

Think of the children.

Yeah, I'm not so supportive of the physical violence either, but dressing down a stupid-ass teacher who tried to use their authority to belittle their students...that's very fitting.

I had this pathetic Chemistry teacher in High School. My dad was a chemist (electroplating). This teacher was just about senile and we wasted weeks on the stupidest stuff like the slide rule or how H and Cl combine. I think my dad blamed him for my not liking chemistry. This guy had tenure though and there was no real way to get rid of him. That inspired my Mom to run for and get elected to the school board.
    It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life. - Ten Bears, "The Outlaw Josie Wales"

Zions the "s" is silent trackrunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post
    Think of the children.

I had a Jr High teacher that stated up front if you could prove him wrong on the test question then you got an A for the quarter.

Quote Originally Posted by trackrunner View Post
    says the math teacher. you got parents like this?
    Not exactly...but at the same time I admit when I make mistakes...everyone does, teachers included.

By saying I was with Tom on this one I wasn't siding with the teacher. I was making my point that the parent mentioned went about finding a resolution in the wrong way and was not to be lauded for their efforts.