Thread: Duck Lake- Uintas- October 2010

Duck Lake- Uintas- October 2010

Since my boss decided to close our work for fall break, I got in touch with ibenick and my friends Collin and Chris to make a bonus trip to the Uintas. ibenick was kind enough to drive us both and we made a very early departure for the trailhead. We made a pretty swift jaunt to the pass where we took a quick break, then headed into the basin. The colors were off the hook! We all took our time with some stops at Weir and Pot Lakes, then finally getting to our camp at Duck Lake. Everyone got camp pitched then the fishing was on. I got skunked in early July up here, so I was hoping for some redemption. I would get hit but could not land anything. Me and Chris and Mike decided to try our luck up at Beaver Lake. It was a cool little pond, but the fishing was very slow. We decided to head back to Duck Lake, and my luck changed! Nailed a 14" on a green caddis. Got a few more and the sun started to set on the ridge. Night fell and we had ourselves a fish cookout. I wanted to shoot some night photos, and with ibenick's help, we had some fun. A few adult beverages by the fire and it was time to turn in. Morning brought some fantastic light, and it was overall not too cold of a night. We had a nice morning at camp, then decided to head for it because the forecast was calling for some thunderstorms in the afternoon. It was a great hike out, and felt really good to push it all the way to the car. This was bitter sweet, because I know I will not see the Uintas again until next summer. All in all, a great time, good company and great to get away once more. Enjoy the pics!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Sweetness. Thanks again for the invite, it was great to get out to the Uintas one last time this year!

No, thank you! It was a great time. Look forward to more adventures out there!