Thread: 5 Mile Pass

5 Mile Pass

This is South of hwy 73, west of Fairfield, Utah. We did 70 miles and it was a blast!. There is almost unlimited areas to ride, from 1x to 2x tracks to mountain terrain to flatlander and so on. A long video I admit, but I ended up cutting 3 vids since we had so much footage!

Viewing on a mobile device? Click this link to open the map: http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&msid=106051617078461206490.00049195b513d3e89fb0c&t=h&z=11
    I just dropped by to see what condition my condition is in.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Man I gotta get an enduro
    IF YOU WON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, PLEASE, FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM!!!!

2008 V2K Classic LT
    2004 Toyota Tacoma
    Schwinn Homegrown
    CouchSurfing
    Patriot Guard Riders

Looks like fun..were there a lot of people out doing the same?

We spotted a few 4wheelers and some campers, but no 2 wheelers. Pelon1, you would NEVER regret owning one! It has been the best purchase I have ever made!

You guys were flying. Hope nobody crashed. It must have been nice seeing the fall foilage.

Cool. I gotta get out and see the leaves.

I need to get someone to ride with.... I went out there 2 weeks ago alone, but I went on the other side of the highway, out by the big mine

Good stuff I like the area, there is some fun stuff out there for the pre-runner truck too.

Where is the camera mounted when it's facing forward? Is it a chest mount? I like the angle, Watching how violently the handlebars jerk around is very cool.

Quote Originally Posted by jiffers View Post
    I need to get someone to ride with.... I went out there 2 weeks ago alone, but I went on the other side of the highway, out by the big mine
    I ride out there fairly regular during summer months, even evenings after work back when daylight allowed it. There are great loops on both sides of the highway. What do you ride? Post up when you are thinking of going and I will join you if I can.

I'm on a Yamaha WR450. The view of the handlebars is a mount on my roost protector on my chest. I try to get out every Friday morning anytime from 8am to noon and ride for about 3-4 hours. I can usually plan a Saturday Morning ride as well.
    I am planning on riding this coming Friday morning. No plans as to where exactly, but 5mile would work, if you think you can break away.

I have to get a dirt bike ASAP!

I am still new to the area, after seeing this video I am liking it here more and more! I knew of 5 Mile Pass, but did not know how much there really is to ride.

Thanks for posting.

Quote Originally Posted by fourtycal View Post
    I ride out there fairly regular during summer months, even evenings after work back when daylight allowed it. There are great loops on both sides of the highway. What do you ride? Post up when you are thinking of going and I will join you if I can.
    I ride a raptor 660 and just starting to ride a yz450f. I actually just got back from riding 5 mile pass today (I was inspired by your video :) I typically prefer the sand, but got the dirt bike to do some trail riding, but I always end up in the rock when I go out there, and I HATE rocks I got ejected from my yzf today, when I hit a rock just right, and busted my throttle...

Quote Originally Posted by jiffers View Post
    I ride a raptor 660 and just starting to ride a yz450f. I actually just got back from riding 5 mile pass today (I was inspired by your video :) I typically prefer the sand, but got the dirt bike to do some trail riding, but I always end up in the rock when I go out there, and I HATE rocks I got ejected from my yzf today, when I hit a rock just right, and busted my throttle...
    Yep, lotta mountain passes out there that get rocky. What I hate is following random 4 wheeler trails that eventually lead nowhere after they look promising.

Yeah, the rocks make it a challenge. I really had to spend some time with suspension tweaks to get it manageable. Sorry to hear you got chucked.

Just an FYI, the south end of your ride is all on private property. My buddy and I were out there about a month ago and came across the land owner. Nice old man named Clift Jordan, owns Jordan Livestock. He told us that he was going to start paying guys to stay out there to keep people off his property because some 4wheelers have been tearing up his ponds by riding through them. So be sure to stay on the trail in that area. He told us that we could ride all we want out there on his land, we could just tell anyone that stops us the Clift Jordan said it's ok to be out there. That is an awesome area to ride though, can't wait until the snow melts so we can get up some of the small mine roads up there.

Thanks for the info. There was nothing posted where we rode.
    We did end up bordering some farm land for about a half mile, but again, not postings.
    I'll be sure to keep his name and again, thanks for the info!

Quote Originally Posted by Garbanzo View Post
    Thanks for the info. There was nothing posted where we rode.
    We did end up bordering some farm land for about a half mile, but again, not postings.
    I'll be sure to keep his name and again, thanks for the info!
    Yeah, we asked him why it wasn't posted and he said he's tried in the past but the signs all just get shot up. He was pretty cool about us being out there once we spoke to him and he realized we weren't the issue. No problem on the info

That's too bad. A guy like that trying to make a living and people want to shoot his signs. Hey, who says there aren't Hillbillies in Utah? "Hey, i got an idea. We ain't seen a racoon all day, let's kill us some metal!" All we can do is our part I guess. It tends to close areas off to Motos for sure. I shouldn't judge, but that kind of stuff pisses me off.