Thread: Wake Boarding Video Promised

Wake Boarding Video Promised

OK I promised I would video tape my trials and failures and post them, so enjoy my first four attempts at wake boarding. Unfortunately after these 4 attempts my sister messed up the video camera and turned it off when I started and on when I stopped so you don't see me getting much better than this. Anyway, these are the best crashes I had and that's what's fun to watch anyway.

Jared Hillhouse
    North Wash Outfitters LLP.
    Twitter: @North_Wash
    N.W.O. on Facebook
    "Great Adventure Buddies Make It Happen"

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Tip: have the driver start a LOT faster. You were sinking after you stood up on those first attempts. A fast start will help you preserve your strength once you're up, and the driver can always ease back on the throttle once you're up too.

Nice crash at the end. Nothing will provide for a good faceplant like a wakeboard catching the front lip.

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post

Tip: have the driver start a LOT faster. You were sinking after you stood up on those first attempts. A fast start will help you preserve your strength once you're up, and the driver can always ease back on the throttle once you're up too.

Nice crash at the end. Nothing will provide for a good faceplant like a wakeboard catching the front lip.
    Looks like I need to figure out how to embed the video here also. Thanks for doing that. Next I need to get a better quality video up.

The first two attempts I think I had the rope shorter than I should have, for the second two we added another section and that felt better.

With the speed, yeah starting too slow for sure. Later in the day we got better with that. My sister didn't want to dump me so she started way slow. I couldn't comfortably take my hands off the handle like I can skiing so I was yelling for more speed but they had a hard time hearing me some of the time. I can't wait for another trip out.

The crash at the end of the vid ripped my right foot right out of the bindings, gave me a bruise and some nasty whiplash. After a couple hours rest letting others play, got back on and did better.
    Jared Hillhouse
    N.W.O. on Facebook

Try barefooting that'll peel the old eye lids off. Or just about as good try back flipping on a sky ski and catch the tip of the board on the way around.

Cannot see the video

Quote Originally Posted by Canyonbug View Post
    Looks like I need to figure out how to imbedd the video here also. Thanks for doing that.
    Oops, I didn't check prior, but your video is set for friends only in privacy on facebook. You'll have to change that to make it public if you like.

As for embedding it, it's just like embedding a youtube video, just grab the url and paste it in the pop up

Oops, I didn't check prior, but your video is set for friends only in privacy on facebook. You'll have to change that to make it public if you like.
    Didn't think about that. First time posting a vid off my FB page. I think I got this vid changed now to everyone.
    Jared Hillhouse
    N.W.O. on Facebook