Thread: Dog Lake via Big Water Trail/Reynolds Peak/Little Water Trail- Millcreek Canyon

Dog Lake via Big Water Trail/Reynolds Peak/Little Water Trail- Millcreek Canyon

Last Sunday, 09/26/10, me and my friend Collin headed up to Dog Lake via the Big Water Trail in Millcreek Canyon. It was a gorgeous day, and the fall colors were starting to pop. We had some minor bike traffic to start with, but after the Great Western Junction, they seemed to dissapear. It was so awesome up there that day. Colors just exploding. After letting Barley, Collins dog have at it in Dog Lake for a while, we decided to summit Reynolds Peak 9422 ft, which sits on the Millcreek/Big Cottonwood Canyon ridge line. The panorama was insane up there. This is one of the very few summits I have not been on in the Wasatch. It was a steep, but short jaunt up from Dog Lake. I swear it was at least 80 degrees on the summit that day. I shot this panorama up there that day. Great hike, and saw a lot of lines up there that I want to skin for this winter. We decided to return via the Little Water Trail. Nice way to spend a Sunday, on top of the world I live in. Enjoy!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

More pics!!

I need to convert them since they are all in RAW still. I can do that, it will take me a minute. You ready for this weekend?

Hell yeah.

Thanks for adding all the pics. Now I can properly comment on this thread....

Nice colors up there, it seems I've been seeing a lot of yellows this year and less than reds. Nice pics.