Thread: Again another stinking surgery

Again another stinking surgery

So I saw the doc again today and i will be scheduled for another surgery here in the next week or so. This time the doc is going to cut me open because of tarsal tunnel kinda like carpel tunnel but in the foot. I am looking at a 90 day recovery time with a minimum of 30 to 45 days non weight bearing. Hopefully this will make it possible to walk without pain. We have given up on running or anything exciting. The goal is just to walk without issues. On the positive side I will get all the good parking spots because the doc gave me a permanent handicap permit. and I also get one of those cool scooters so I don't have to be on crutches all the time. Yippee

Steve
    "I'm a firm believer that if you play for more than you can afford to lose, you will learn the game." Winston Churchill

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

At least you have that sweet kegerator to keep you company! And a scooter to boot?!

That sucks!!! But having painful feet also sucks. Keep us posted on your progress. :-)
    Some people "go" through life and other people "grow" through life. -Robert Holden

Bogley BigShot
    Wishing you a speedy recovery!

Thank you,

Yes Ibenick the keg and the scooter will be fun.

The only major drawback is I will be medically retired within the recovery time frame and so I will be moving to CA at that point. Now that should be a lot of fun a wife 3 kids under 6 and a dog to boot. Thankfully the Air Force will move us, so I don’t have to pack or load anything, all we will have to do is put junk away when we get to our now home. I shall miss Utah but the opportunities near Lemoore area are too good to pass up. The VA will pay for my re-education up to 4 years give me and my family living stipend, a housing allowance, and I will still receive my retirement pay and VA disability so I won’t have to worry about supporting my family while I am going to school. That is a large load off my chest. I will have Yosemite nearby and also be within 2 hours of the coast. There is a bunch of family in the area and my wife grew up there so we already know a bunch of people, so integrating into the community won’t take long.
    "I'm a firm believer that if you play for more than you can afford to lose, you will learn the game." Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by tanya View Post
    Wishing you a speedy recovery!
    X2

Good luck with it!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by snccoulter View Post
    Thank you,

Yes Ibenick the keg and the scooter will be fun.

The only major drawback is I will be medically retired within the recovery time frame and so I will be moving to CA at that point. Now that should be a lot of fun a wife 3 kids under 6 and a dog to boot. Thankfully the Air Force will move us, so I don’t have to pack or load anything, all we will have to do is put junk away when we get to our now home. I shall miss Utah but the opportunities near Lemoore area are too good to pass up. The VA will pay for my re-education up to 4 years give me and my family living stipend, a housing allowance, and I will still receive my retirement pay and VA disability so I won’t have to worry about supporting my family while I am going to school. That is a large load off my chest. I will have Yosemite nearby and also be within 2 hours of the coast. There is a bunch of family in the area and my wife grew up there so we already know a bunch of people, so integrating into the community won’t take long.
    Yea, that is too much to pass up.
    Wishing you the best! Keep in touch with all of us when you can spare it!
    ●Canyoneering 'Canyon Conditions' @ www.candition.com
    ●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "He who walks on the edge...will eventually fall."
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar
    Sorry for the next surgery. Sounds like you have a great opportunity here GOOD LUCK!!!! The education will be worth it in the end.
    Chere'