Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Weirdest thing you've seen in the 'wilderness'

Zions the "s" is silent trackrunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mhambi View Post
    I was solo hiking in a side drainage of Rock Canyon well off the main trail and spied a green sleeping bag stuck up on a 10' cliff... and it looked like something was stuffed in it...

After prepping myself for finding Hoffa's body or something worse, I peeked in. Full of rocks, nothing else. That was weird.

So, in your travels.... whats the weirdest thing have you seen?
    similar. I cam across an abandoned tent that was partially collapsed. I could tell it had been there for a while and that the tent was wrapped around a large long object. I yelled out and asked if anyone is there and threw a rock. I zipped the door down a little but could bring myself to look. I put my camera in and then took a picture. It was rocks and a lot of sand.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by trackrunner View Post
    I put my camera in and then took a picture.
    Dang, I think I would have done the same thing.

Well, not weird but cool. I was up on Bethal Ridge near Yakima, WA looking down on Rimrock Dam which you can see in the second picture next to the big Goose Egg Rock, when I heard the sound of a jet. I looked to find an F-18 flying high above. I was watching it make it's way overead when suddenly it dove down into the valley and made a mock attack run on a little airstrip in between Goose Egg and the other rock Kloochman, diving down behind Goose Egg. I'm sure the folks down there must have been pretty surprised! (unless the airstrip gets "bombed" every day)Name:  Washington State .jpg
Views: 184
Size:  46.8 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Someone who decided they were done living, and gassed themselves in their car.
    Hidden Splendor parking lot. 2007ish(?) He put a hose on his exhaust and worked it up through the window, then stuffed a towel in the window and turned the car on.
    I saw that "contraption" built and knew what may have happened, so i opened the door, and he was laying from the back of the car to the front in a sleeping bag, luckily face down with a hat. Hadn't been there long, car was still running.

my reflection in the cameras screen when i go to take a picture, that's pretty weird.