Thread: Backpacking this weekend - Uintas maybe?

Backpacking this weekend - Uintas maybe?

I was planning on heading to the Swell this weekend but the unusually high temps in the forecast are making me think of getting in one last Uintas trip (or something along those lines). The shorter the days get, the less I like soloing in the high country. There is something about sitting out there alone in the dark for 12+ hours that I'll avoid if I can. So I was wondering if anyone wants to hook up for a trip this weekend. I'm open from Thursday evening until Sunday night. Even a single night trip would be cool. Or maybe I'll just stick with the plan for the swell. PM or email me, my bogley username is the same at gmail.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by ibenick View Post
    I was planning on heading to the Swell this weekend but the unusually high temps in the forecast are making me think of getting in one last Uintas trip (or something along those lines). The shorter the days get, the less I like soloing in the high country. There is something about sitting out there alone in the dark for 12+ hours that I'll avoid if I can. So I was wondering if anyone wants to hook up for a trip this weekend. I'm open from Thursday evening until Sunday night. Even a single night trip would be cool. Or maybe I'll just stick with the plan for the swell. PM or email me, my bogley username is the same at gmail.
    Damn man, I wish I was not working on Sat, I would love to get out there one more time.

All you guys and your obligations. Jeez!

any chance you can swing a weekend trip in kathmandu? 'fraid i can't make it back by the weekend...

Quote Originally Posted by Johnson360 View Post
    its too early to get backpacking its still couple of days to go... just enjoy do backpacking a day before...
    We need more moderators.

Was it something I said?

Have fun, I know we will...
    It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life. - Ten Bears, "The Outlaw Josie Wales"

Dang Nick if I was not going out to the Wendover Airshow, I get to be a performer..... and I had not gone last weekend, I would be there in a heartbeat.

Quote Originally Posted by ststephen View Post
    Was it something I said?

Have fun, I know we will...
    Ha! No, it's just unseasonably warm and those damn Uintas are only open for like 2 months a year, gotta get 'em while you can. But it looks like I'll be in the Swell after all. Are any of you planning on doing any non-technical canyons?

Quote Originally Posted by JONBOYLEMON View Post
    Dang Nick if I was not going out to the Wendover Airshow, I get to be a performer..... and I had not gone last weekend, I would be there in a heartbeat.
    Performer as in flying in it? Cool.

Quote Originally Posted by CarpeyBiggs View Post
    any chance you can swing a weekend trip in kathmandu? 'fraid i can't make it back by the weekend...
    Yeah... looked into that. Between the $5k round trip ticket and the 30 hours of travelling one way, I'll have to pass!

But seriously, is that where you are?

Ha! No, it's just unseasonably warm and those damn Uintas are only open for like 2 months a year, gotta get 'em while you can. But it looks like I'll be in the Swell after all. Are any of you planning on doing any non-technical canyons?
    We haven't settled on which canyons on which days, but I think it is likely we'll do something non-technical at least one day.
    It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life. - Ten Bears, "The Outlaw Josie Wales"

We're all here, because we ain't all there.

Talk about lame excuses, the ole I'm in Kathmandu thing...............
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Professional Mangler of Grammar

Guns don't kill people--Static Ropes Do!!

Who Is John Galt?

Between the $5k round trip ticket and the 30 hours of travelling one way, I'll have to pass!
    I don't know who you are checking with with the price quoted above, but it's actually quite easy to get a RT ticket to Kathmandu for $1100-1300 (out of SLC). I guess that's off topic though.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott P View Post
    I don't know who you are checking with with the price quoted above, but it's actually quite easy to get a RT ticket to Kathmandu for $1100-1300 (out of SLC). I guess that's off topic though.
    Expedia had it between $3k to $12k but that was for a flight that left today. Probably cheaper to plan ahead!

Expedia had it between $3k to $12k but that was for a flight that left today. Probably cheaper to plan ahead!
    FYI, just in case you ever do decide to travel, Orbitz often has much lower fare prices than Expedia for overseas travel (domestic tickets have them about equal). Their customer service is also much better. Consolidators can lower prices more.

Anyway, good luck in the Swell. Wish I could go.

All you guys and your obligations. Jeez!
    Don't you know it, if I could call in sick I would, but then I would be looking for a job for sure. I guess I will just have to settle for some day hiking in the Wasatch Friday and Sunday.

Must be nice to have that kind of time off..wish I could say the same!