Views: 365
Size:  43.8 KB

Name:  61979_1584934953035&.jpg
Views: 383
Size:  43.6 KB

Name:  59964_1584937513099&.jpg
Views: 425
Size:  55.0 KB

CAMP WILLIAMS -- Crews are working to contain a large, fast-moving fire burning at Camp Williams Sunday. Hundreds of homes in Herriman are being evacuated.

Unified Fire Capt. Brad Taylor says residents of 232 homes in The Cove at Herriman Springs and all 500 homes in the High Country Estates II subdivision are under mandatory evacuation. The city has now expanded the mandatory evacuation order to all homes south of Emmeline Drive, Butterfield Parkway and Blackridge Reservoir.

According to Lt. Col. Hank McIntire with the Utah National Guard, the fire broke out at the Camp Williams machine gun range during a training exercise just before 3:30 p.m. The flames are spreading quickly.

Helicopters have been brought in to drop buckets of water and fire retardant to fight the blaze. At least five crews are at the scene near Arnold Hollow just outside of Rose Canyon monitoring the fire.

An evacuation site has been set up at Herriman High School at 11917 S. 6000 West. The site was originally established at Fort Herriman Middle School but had to be moved when the fire got too close.

Horses can be evacuated to W&M Butterfield Park at 6212 W. 14200 South in Herriman.

Lt. Don Hutson with the Unified Police Department says one woman has been treated for smoke inhalation. City officials are asking everyone to stay away from Herriman because congestion is becoming an issue.

We have a crew at the scene and will bring you the most updated details as they become available.

Stay tuned to KSL.com, KSL Newsradio 102.7FM/1160AM and KSL TV for the latest updates.

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=12492861

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Yeah looked apocalyptic on my way out of Little Cottonwood this evening. Crazy!

I heard that houses are on fire already. My wife just heard that a friends house is on fire. 1262 houses evacuated.

pretty sure bruteforce lives out there. hope he and his house are ok.

Zions the "s" is silent trackrunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    According to Lt. Col. Hank McIntire with the Utah National Guard, the fire broke out at the Camp Williams machine gun range during a training exercise just before 3:30 p.m. The flames are spreading quickly.
    Don, not cool.
    j/k
    actually wonder if he was called up to help fight the fire.

crazy how large it's become in such a short time. almost 11 and it's still very windy. ksl reports at least 3 homes on fire.

Time lapse shot from a friends house on traverse mountain.

I know some guys who are working out there but I haven't had a red card for 7 or 8 years so I'm stuck in my cubicle. Naturally, I feel sympathy for those who lost their homes. And at the same time; relief that it was only four and that there has been no loss of life.

Adventurer at Large! BruteForce's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CarpeyBiggs View Post
    pretty sure bruteforce lives out there. hope he and his house are ok.
    We were close to bugging out last night due to the thick smoke, but by 11pm, it had subsided and we rode it out. Thanks for the thought..

My kids learned a valuable lesson about being prepared and having a mobile escape-plan. We had our 5th wheel trailer loaded and ready to go so quickly, I too was amazed.
    2020 Jeep Gladiator (2" Lift, 37" Tires, Falcon 3.3 Shocks, Lockers, Sliders)
    2018 Polaris Sportsman XP 1000 (Hunter Edition)
    2014 Polaris Sportsman XP 850 HO EFI EPS (Browning Edition)
    2009 Dodge Ram 3500 Mega Laramie/Resistol DRW (~800HP/1400TQ)
    Yukon Charlies 930 Trail Series Snow Shoes
    5.11 Tactical Coyote Boots

The random world and adventures of BruteForce

Quote Originally Posted by BruteForce View Post
    We were close to bugging out last night due to the thick smoke, but by 11pm, it had subsided and we rode it out. Thanks for the thought..

My kids learned a valuable lesson about being prepared and having a mobile escape-plan. We had our 5th wheel trailer loaded and ready to go so quickly, I too was amazed.
    Not surprised to hear you're prepared. Glad to hear you're good though.

I thought you were a ways away Brute, but yeah the smoke. I am between 2200 and 2700 west, so all the smoke was way west of me.