Thread: Lost ATC XP

Lost ATC XP

Hi all - 1st post for me. Just back from North Wash. I lost my ATC XP (plus biner) in Maidenwater Wed 15th. Jumped off my alpine bod- or I left it. If anyone comes across it I'll pay for return. Thanks

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Content Provider Emeritus ratagonia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by flatiron View Post
    Hi all - 1st post for me. Just back from North Wash. I lost my ATC XP (plus biner) in Maidenwater Wed 15th. Jumped off my alpine bod- or I left it. If anyone comes across it I'll pay for return. Thanks
    Welcome to Bogley, Flatiron. How was the canyon? What else you do??

Tom

5 Days, had to head home Thurs pm. Arscenic, Slideanide, Constrychnine, Lucky Charms, Left & Middle Lep, both Maidens, and left Blarney. MMaid kiddie stuff, South much more fun, had some waist deep water, excellent double. MMaid no need for rope or harness, South would be same I think if webbing was extended out, could handline whole thing. Notice people have a real reluctance to use rings or rapides, lots of anchors without??? Used up mine. Was gonna do Boss Hog instead of Blarney but buddie got psyched out by middle Lep, his 1st hard mae wester. Climbers aren't used to wiggling up 20" chimneys, at least not for that long. 1st time for me in middle and I loved it, hard but fun. No bugs and no people in NW, also very nice. Camped at Little Egypt for 2 days thanks to Ice, altho I do think camping at TH for Arscenic would be better, at least a little shade and farther away from road. All in all excellent trip. But do miss not hitting big Z this fall, I love it. Maybe in Oct but longshot.

Nice run of canyons, I assume we don't have to ask for pics right?
    I need a Canyoneering partner! I have a open schedule, all my own gear and am looking to go as much as possible..PM me!

Quote Originally Posted by DSTRBD View Post
    Nice run of canyons, I assume we don't have to ask for pics right?
    YA Beat me to it!
    IF YOU WON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, PLEASE, FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM!!!!

2008 V2K Classic LT
    2004 Toyota Tacoma
    Schwinn Homegrown
    CouchSurfing
    Patriot Guard Riders

I would if I knew how or could figure out. Rookie.

I would if I knew how or could figure out. Rookie.
    Rookies need to have 5 posts before they get to post pictures... after that pretty easy.

so just reply a couple times, then you can post pictures.

Why did you not camp at Sandthrax campsite?

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by ratagonia View Post

Why did you not camp at Sandthrax campsite?

Tom
    Uhh..., I can't speak for flatiron, but maybe because sandthrax campsite sucks..

Nat

Quote Originally Posted by nat View Post
    Uhh..., I can't speak for flatiron, but maybe because sandthrax campsite sucks..

Nat

Quote Originally Posted by nat View Post

Nat
    Hey MAN! you dissin' my home digs??? My Winter Quarters?

T

Did, Mon-Wed. 1st 2 nites @ Little E. And yes Sandthrax sucks, mainly cause it is seriously in need of someone/anyone (BLM?) to install pit toilet - I have seen and am sure at least 1/2 people there just dig cat hole. (no, I made it to Hogg) And no it does no matter if it is across the road. I know it is sliding down to AZ, and who does not deserve it more (oops!), but come on! Curious, is Sandthrax maybe on hit list to be upgraded - for both sanitary and environmental concerns?

Did, Mon-Wed. 1st 2 nites @ Little E. And yes Sandthrax sucks, mainly cause it is seriously in need of someone/anyone (BLM?) to install pit toilet - I have seen and am sure at least 1/2 people there just dig cat hole. (no, I made it to Hogg) And no it does no matter if it is across the road. I know it is sliding down to AZ, and who does not deserve it more (oops!), but come on! Curious, is Sandthrax maybe on hit list to be upgraded - for both sanitary and environmental concerns?
    It is sad to hear. In the past, I have been happy to see the Sandthrax campsite remain surprisingly clean despite the heavy usage - aided by "The Hog Run". No, it is not on the list for pit toilets. With Pit Toilets come fees, in the BLM universe. We have chatted with the BLM people about how to manage the site. There was concern that the existence of the sign would draw people in. We thought the sign should say only: "Welcome to Sandthrax - the toilet is 5 miles down the road, don't poop here"; but they had more vainglorious ideas.

Tom

Hope this works -some pics from trip.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...00000398196679

Alan

One last time -rest of canyonshttp://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=27912&id=100000398196679

Hope this works -some pics from trip.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...00000398196679

Alan
    It's not public, only for "members of the club", which does not include me.

But now with 5 posts, you can post pictures. click on the "go advanced". The usual ethic here is to post the best pictures HERE on the Bog, with maybe a link to the fuller portfolio.

Tom

Arsenic, Slide, Constrychnine, Mid Lep, SMaid.

2 pics of each. Notice last pic I am using munter knot to rap instead of my lost ATC - I hate when I lose stuff.
    Attached Images Attached Images           

Thanks for sharing those, flatiron!

Quote Originally Posted by Cirrus2000 View Post
    Thanks for sharing those, flatiron!
    Excellent! Looks like fun. Oooooo double rope munter - pita!!

Tom