Thread: Arapeen Trail ?s

Arapeen Trail ?s

Some Friends and I have been to the Piute in the past years. But we are thinking about trying out the Arapeen trail this time because we have heard it has better access and has more trees than the Piute. I would like some suggestions for a Base camp (car camping) with some good loops or out and backs. We love more tight, technical trails but also scenery is a big reason we do the trails.

Where would you recommend base camping, and what trails would you do? Loops with gas options/lunch options on the way would be good since we can't really carry gas with us. We will have 2-3 days there. We ride sport ATVs if that helps with the suggestions.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Get a map for that area from www.sanpete.com (800-281-4346) and you'll be able to plan your trip. There's a ton of great riding there and I like it as good or better than the Paiute.

West of Joe's Valley, there are some really nice primitive camp spots near Grassy Lake, with lots of big grassy areas surrounded by aspen and pines. North of Joe's Valley, there are campgrounds at Potter's Ponds and Indian Creek. Pete's Hole is also a nice place to camp, which is just off the 56 trail (Highway 29) west of Joe's valley.

Reeder Canyon (trail 5) is a nice, tight, slightly technical trail that loops up to Skyline Drive and back down (with great access from the Grassy Lake area).

I haven't ridden any of the trails around Mayfield and Manti, but it looks as though there are a lot of good trails there judging from the Arapeen Trail map, and I believe you can drop down into either of those towns for fuel.

I just spent a couple of days on the northern end of the Arapeen, you can check out my trip report here.
    Blog | FB

Nice report Udink! That sounds like quite the trip! We have sport quads, so unfortunately we can't carry gear like you guys did. Thanks again for the great report!