Thread: Ride the Mule (trails) in North Fork Park

Ride the Mule (trails) in North Fork Park

This is a fairly short ride, about 5.5 miles, and only 1000 feet of ascent. It must have been dug by a mountain biker because all the corners are bermed and radiused in a very bike friendly way. The corners are tight so maybe it doesn't qualify as a "flow" trail but it is fun. The loop is made up of two trails named Mule Ear, and Mule Shoe. (look at that, this crazy map added another track of mine, this part of the post is discussing the red loop track)

Viewing on a mobile device? Click this link to open the map: http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&msid=106721438394524977499.000490773683bbd0ef065&t=h&ll=41.376024,-111.916264&spn=0.010949,0.01929&z=16
    Attached Images Attached Images          
    Gene

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Looks awesome. Love the mama moose, baby moose shot!

"It must have been dug by a mountain biker because all the corners are bermed and radiused in a very bike friendly way. The corners are tight so maybe it doesn't qualify as a "flow" trail but it is fun. The loop is made up of two trails named Mule Ear, and Mule Shoe."

Actually,
    I think those trails were built for xc skiing, but am glad to hear they work out well for biking as well.

Looks nice, can you access any other trails there?

Nice! I think this is the trail I've been hearing about up in that area, I'll definitely have to check it out, hopefully next week. Thanks for posting.

What direction did you ride?

XC skiing, of course. Here I am thinking the whole world revolves around mountain biking. I'll be giving that a try this winter.

I rode the loop clockwise and then went back and rode some of it counter-clockwise just to see. It looks like 6's to me, there are good fun downhill sections going either way and all the climbs are moderate going either way. It's short, go both ways, yeh, just like Dennis Rodman.

A significant trail is the one from the horse stables up to Skyline North on the ridge. It is named the Ben Lomond Peak trail, has just been trimmed, not too steep, and most of the trail surface is pretty good. Coming down it will be part of the Rockwell Relay tomorrow. There is another trail starting in the north end of the park up to the ridge up through Cutler Basin, but it is darn near 17% grade, covered with fist sized loose rocks, and somewhat overgrown. I rode down it recently but won't go back. That is the north part of the blue loop on this map. The south part of the blue loop is the fine Ben Lomond Peak trail. The red loop is the Mule trails.

Viewing on a mobile device? Click this link to open the map: http://maps.google.com/maps/mm?ie=UTF8&hl=en&ll=41.371849,-111.928352&spn=0.037261,0.063429&t=h&z=15
    Gene

Cool, I'll be driving up here tomorrow for family, I'll check out the area. I'd like to hit this next week. Thanks for the info