Thread: New lures, what is best way to fish them

New lures, what is best way to fish them

I bought a couple of the Jakes silver lures w/ red dots and a blue fox which is brass. Seems I hear these names all the time on this forum.

What is the best way to fish them from the shore??? Depths distance straight out? On a leader, swivel? Seems like the jakes would have to have a swivel or you will have a twisted line? Do you put swivel right on the jakes?? Or do you just cast away and try to keep from snagging the bottom?? Any help would be appreciated. Going to Silver Lake Flat tonight with the scouts and would love to catch a fish other than a worm or power bait.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Check out this thread. Loah and some of the other guys gave me some tips in it that have worked very well.

http://www.bogley.com/forum/showthre...hat-do-you-use

Thanks. Not sure how I missed that thread.

Thanks guys. Silver Lake Flat was boiling over last night. The Jakes was a killer. In the 10 minutes I was fishing vs helping boys undo rats nest I caught 2 very nice Rainbows. Had several other hits but did not land them. The biggest one is possible my biggest rainbow yet.

Congrats! Jake's rule!

But as usual JON...

Sorry but my crappy old coolpix 3700 just died on me and so I have not taken pics. The coolpix was a tank and spent many hours mounted to an RC aircraft and endured many high speed run ins with mother earth.

Next time!!!!!!! Must find good cheap digital camera.

The Jakes is killing them. Caught 6 trout in 20 minutes last night @ Highland Glen Park in Highland, one of them was a nice 13" Albino. And once again....... Still have not put the Blue Fox on the line. No pics. Why do I even post?????

I felt bad as there was a fly fisherman who was getting nothing and a worm on a bobber on either side of me and neither had caught anything in the hour prior to my late arrival. On the second cast I got one. They went home empty. I set them all free. I got one guy through the side of his eye socket but not in his eye, I felt bad for the little feller. It was not bleeding and he was back in the water in 2 seconds after landing. Hopefully all these guys will come see me again at some point.

MUST GET CAMERA!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JONBOYLEMON View Post
    MUST GET CAMERA!!!!!!!

Add the castmaster to the list of lures that trout cant leave alone. So now I have 1/4 oz rainbow castmaster, jakes, and blue fox. Seems like if they dont like one of these three its time to go home. Got 2 fish on 2 cast, last night on the castmaster.

Love that kastmaster when you need to get it waaaay out there too.