Thread: Sawtooths & Columbia River Gorge

Sawtooths & Columbia River Gorge

Over Labor Day weekend I took a trip to see family in the Northwest and decided to drive (all together 2000 miles) rather than fly so I could see some country along the way. Leaving Utah and heading north, I stopped in Twin Falls to shoot Shoshone Falls but morning light didn't lend itself to great shooting. I snapped a few anyway since I was there and then headed for Sun Valley on my way to Stanley to see some stuff in the Sawtooths. I'd read about a bunch of lakes in the area but zeroed in on Sawtooth Lake on the Iron Creek Trail. Some info said it was 8 miles round trip and some said 11 but it looked like a good hike. I hit the trailhead at 1:00 pm and caught good light and relatively still water on the lake and came back with the shot I was looking for along with several others. I was back to the truck at 6:30 and headed to Boise to stay with a brother for the night. The next day my brother and I headed for the Columbia River Gorge on the Oregon side and I was in a waterfall photographer's paradise. I bagged 5 waterfalls and was quite pleased with my images even though the light wasn't always the best. I could have spent a week there as the Gorge has the highest concentration of high waterfalls in the country. After seeing family we headed back towards Idaho by way of Mount Rainier National Park but it was all socked in so no shooting that day. I'll get that one some day too. Anyway, enjoy the pictures. Sorry they didn't stay in the same order I uploaded them - maybe somebody could help me understand why.
    Attached Images Attached Images                   

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

very cool
    signature

great shots
    love those falls

Holy crap you killed it.

Wonderful shots!
    Life is Good

I love waterfalls and those shots are awesome!!! Thanks for sharing!!
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn