Thread: Escalante Car Shuttle

Escalante Car Shuttle

delete

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I was thinking about a trip in that area and got ahold of Sean at Escalante Shuttle at 435-826-4652. His rates were reasonable.

Just in case you can't arrange another ride.

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp Thing View Post
    I was thinking about a trip in that area and got ahold of Sean at Escalante Shuttle at 435-826-4652. His rates were reasonable.
    Gave them a call... $80. OUCH! I think I'd have better luck waving a couple of twenties at a passing car.

He quoted me half that to shuttle me from Escalante to the bridge. Maybe you sound richer than me on the phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp Thing View Post
    He quoted me half that to shuttle me from Escalante to the bridge. Maybe you sound richer than me on the phone.
    Yeah, but it's twice as far to go from Escalante, to the bridge, to Boulder, then all the way home again. Be different if he lived in Boulder. Anyone know of shuttlers in Boulder?

Quote Originally Posted by Cirrus2000 View Post
    Yeah, but it's twice as far to go from Escalante, to the bridge, to Boulder, then all the way home again. Be different if he lived in Boulder. Anyone know of shuttlers in Boulder?
    Seems to me like $60 would be a fair price... guess I shouldn't bitch so much about $80. According to Google maps it would be 28 minutes and 23 miles each way (from Escalante to BMT). So basically one hour and $7 in gas. Maybe I'll just do that... or maybe I'll take $40 cash, make a cardboard sign and thumb it. I'll just have to get my short friendly looking friend to do that part.

i've taken a bike and done shuttles with it. just stash it a ways off the road and out of sight at where you plan to finish. then drive to the trailhead. when you get done just ride back to your car. 9 miles should take you an hour or less.
    But if I agreed with you, we would both be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by denaliguide View Post
    i've taken a bike and done shuttles with it. just stash it a ways off the road and out of sight at where you plan to finish. then drive to the trailhead. when you get done just ride back to your car. 9 miles should take you an hour or less.
    That is an excellent idea. Unfortunately with this particular shuttle the ride back to the starting trailhead would be 9 miles and a gain of 1600 vertical feet. That could really suck after 25 miles of backpacking. I guess we could hike it the other direction but then we're just spreading that 1600' over a few days instead. Plus I love walking with the flow of the river, feels more natural.

1600ft of gain would suck on the bike. be great going downhill though. be there in 15 minutes.
    But if I agreed with you, we would both be wrong.