Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Silver Lake is SMOKIN

Quote Originally Posted by JONBOYLEMON View Post
    Whoops sorry, its "silver lake flat" I always get sl, slf, and sl up by brighton confused. This was the one you can drive to up AF canyon. High clearance 4WD might be a good idea if it rains.
    It's even more confusing when you consider that up above Silver Flat Lake, there's another Silver Lake, and Silver Glance Lake.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Took the 5 and 2 year old up tonight. Love having that place to ourselves. Leaves are just about @ their peak up there. You cant tell from the pics, but it is just gorgeous up there right now. The 5 year old had to be torn away from the waters edge, "Hes bumping it Daddy, just wait" This was in total darkness and you couldn't see a thing so I made him reel it in and call it a day. Only 2 fish today but with a 2 year old that's pretty danged good.

Wish the 1st pic showed how BIG the moon was tonight as it came up. Breathtaking!!!!

The last 2 pics are of my 5 year old standing at the water line just pleading with the fish to bite even though its past his bedtime. He was out cold before we lost sight of the water for the night.

Also caught my 1st catfish today. I will be ok if I never catch another. This is out of the Kaysville ponds. We are doing some work up there and have always seen some descent sized fish cruising so I dropped the Jakes in and had this guy on the line after about 12 seconds. Seriously. The Pig broke one of the hooks off my Jakes lure. You PIG!!!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images     

I forgot to mention a funny story about the drive home.

We were about 1/2 way down the dirt road on the way to Tibble in total darkness when I hear something hit the drivers side of the Blazer hard. It was loud enough it scared me. It was not like a rock, but more like hitting a goose or rabbit type thump. I pulled over expecting to see a large bird or small animal flopping in the road. Nothing..... All 4 tires looked good and no blood anywhere.

Well we get home & I am unloading the fish and bring them in for cleaning. I just wrapped them in some papers and left them on the stringer. As I pull them out I see LOTS of blood and the front of the heads are ripped in 1/2!!!!!! I also notice the small 1/2" metal ring from one end of the stringer in one of their mouths.

Ah haaaa!!!!!! Figured out the sound.........

Well when its pitch black and you are just glad to get the kids loaded up w/ no one falling in the lake in almost total darkness you may not be focusing on every last detail...... Sorry fish. Pretty sure they were dead when it happened, but if there was a glimmer of life left SORRY........

W

Kool! I have never fished up there.