Page 61 of 149 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371111 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,220 of 2961

Thread: Where is it? (Poor mans version)

Quote Originally Posted by zzyzx View Post
    Right side of Corona Arch.
    Yeah, that's it.
    Blog | FB

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

where is it...

yippie, my first one.

Would a picto really fly, you will meet him after a short ride in the sky.

Name:  bdwii..jpg
Views: 466
Size:  306.0 KB

San Rafael Reef, north of Black Dragon Canyon and south of the San Rafael River. At least, I think it's the same formation as this: http://www.flickr.com/photos/udink/2317317027/
    Blog | FB

Yep,
    I've forgot Mr. Swell is aboard.
    It's a nice hike to the rim in the north.

Quote Originally Posted by zzyzx View Post
    Yep,
    I've forgot Mr. Swell is aboard.
    It's a nice hike to the rim in the north.
    Haha, I probably should have let it go on longer before guessing, but I figured very few people would have known where it is. Ok, next up:

Name:  IMG_1531..JPG
Views: 373
Size:  118.0 KB
    Blog | FB

The bridge at Flaming Gorge?
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott P View Post
    The bridge at Flaming Gorge?
    Yep, Cart Creek Bridge over Flaming Gorge Reservoir. Your turn!
    Blog | FB

Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

Hey Scott!!! Byron Lemay here. You, I and Kelsey did Cheesebox and a couple others off White Canyon back in '04 or '05.
    Remember? My guess on this pic is that it's up near Dinosaur or Echo Park.

Hey Scott!!! Byron Lemay here. You, I and Kelsey did Cheesebox and a couple others off White Canyon back in '04 or '05.
    Remember?
    Yes; I remember. It was in June 2002. How's it going?

My guess on this pic is that it's up near Dinosaur or Echo Park.
    No, not in Dinosaur.

Clue: Many, many Bogley members have viewed this famous feature (most commonly from the bottom rather than from the top) from where this photo was taken.

(Someone else took this one as well since it's more recent than my photo).

The terrain reminds me of the area around Hells Backbone, but that is just a guess..

I had this one figured out shortly after it was posted. I've circumnavigated this place on an ATV, but never been up to where the photo was taken. There's a landmark in the very top of the photo, just right of center, that should give it away for most people.
    Blog | FB

The terrain reminds me of the area around Hells Backbone, but that is just a guess..
    No.

I had this one figured out shortly after it was posted. I've circumnavigated this place on an ATV, but never been up to where the photo was taken. There's a landmark in the very top of the photo, just right of center, that should give it away for most people
    Yes; I wanted it to be somwhat different/challenging, but not too hard or isolated. I'm guessing the vast majoirty of Bogley members have seen this feature, but from below.

If no one else guesses by tonight, perhaps post the answer and your new photo. I may go camping tonight, but this is undecided and either way I'll be gone tomorrow, so answering it will keep the ball rolling.

The headwall of Echo Canyon?
    Some people "go" through life and other people "grow" through life. -Robert Holden

Could this be taken from Temple Mountain, San Rafael Swell?

I thought the same, but I'm really not sure.
    Looks as is the SR 24 in the far.

Could this be taken from Temple Mountain, San Rafael Swell?
    Yes. You are up.

OK, here's something a little different--I have no idea how easy or hard this might be...

Where is this located?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

United States Meridian Base - 50 W. South Temple Street SLC

Quote Originally Posted by canyonaddict View Post
    United States Meridian Base - 50 W. South Temple Street SLC
    Well done canyonaddict. Most people only see the plaque on the corner mounted on the fence, but this sits hidden behind in the planter. Kinda went along with Scott P's temple theme...

OK, you're up.