Page 123 of 149 FirstFirst ... 2373113121122123124125133 ... LastLast
Results 2,441 to 2,460 of 2961

Thread: Where is it? (Poor mans version)

Woops, I meant the Five Faces pictograph in Salt Creek Valley, Canyonlands NP (not TOO far from the All American Man).

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

It's actually Five Faces Pictograph in Davis Canyon, but go ahead and post a photo anyway. We need some different people posting.
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

If kwersal doesn't log in, maybe someone else should post.
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

I'm going to take that invitation! Good chance no one has been to this spot, so let's just go with the country. No fair looking up the flag but if you know the flag well then good on you!

Name:  DSC01985.jpg
Views: 251
Size:  136.9 KB
    It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life. - Ten Bears, "The Outlaw Josie Wales"

Ok, I had to cheat since no one seemed to know: Czech Republic ?

Nope. Now, not to be a smart ass or anything, but...there is no coastline in the Czech Republic! I guess one could mistake the water above for lakes but I'll hint that we have salt water on both sides of this thin ribbon of land. I further hint that you have the right continent. This won't help but many many people tried to convince me not to hike this peak because of the dangerous snakes. They said it was locally known as "Viper Mountain". I saw not a single snake.
    It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life. - Ten Bears, "The Outlaw Josie Wales"

I was going to say Romania but the flag isn't right.
    Life is Good

Getting warmer though...

Estonia?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Nope now colder (literally and figuratively). Let's try another hint: the water is the Adriatic Sea. I think that narrows the field considerably!

Croatia?

We have a winner! Mt. St. Ilja on the Peljesac Peninsula across from the island of Korcula. It seems to have a folk name of "Viper Mountain" but the folks who warned me about snakes were not hikers and the summit log showed that plenty of hikers visit it all year round. Coastal Croatia is gorgeous with blue water and jagged beaches.

Name:  54541.jpg
Views: 236
Size:  83.0 KB

You don't have to name the trail. You can if you want to, but I will accept the nearest town as an answer.

I don't know the trail, but I would guess Crested Butte as the town.

That's Mount Crested Butte (the ski area), but the town isn't visible (it's off to the right) below the shoulder of the ski mountain. This pic is looking south down the valley

Yep, it's Crested Butte. Moffer's up. The trail is the 401. Amazing mountain biking!

How about the name of the road or general area. Bonus points for the name of the spire.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

That's not the Serpent's Trail, is it ??

(I don't think it is...)

Nope farther West into Utah. Close to a tourist town.

Would the tourist town be Moab?