Thread: Monster Buck Tragedy

Monster Buck Tragedy

I don't know how true this story is, but there seems to be a trend with outfitters and unethical hunting tactics. This is the text that is going around; Aside from the drama this is a damn nice deer!

This buck was killed by Jason carter who is with Hunting Fool Magazine. He pulled a "Doyle Moss" on the actual hunter who found him, and tried to kick him off the mountain. The actual hunter had a 25 yard shot when Jason took the shot from a about 50 yards further behind him. This is what outfitters in utah are going to create. These 2 hunters were actually cousins. Where has all of our ethics gone?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "You Sombitch's couldn't close an umbrella"
    Sheriff Beuford T Justice

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

family tree must not have many branches.
    But if I agreed with you, we would both be wrong.

Doyle Moss is an Outfitter who owns Mossback Outfitters and Movies. He has a reputation for setting up fake road blocks and using his fairly large employee guide force to thwart any other hunter than his own clients from harvesting animals he may be targeting.

Adventurer at Large! BruteForce's Avatar
    I heard about this. Seems a fight ensued afterward due to the unethical shot that was fired over/around the closer hunter. I'd be pissed if somebody shot through/toward me to get the buck I was targeting.. more pissed at the person shooting in my direction than getting my buck shot at from behind me.
    2020 Jeep Gladiator (2" Lift, 37" Tires, Falcon 3.3 Shocks, Lockers, Sliders)
    2018 Polaris Sportsman XP 1000 (Hunter Edition)
    2014 Polaris Sportsman XP 850 HO EFI EPS (Browning Edition)
    2009 Dodge Ram 3500 Mega Laramie/Resistol DRW (~800HP/1400TQ)
    Yukon Charlies 930 Trail Series Snow Shoes
    5.11 Tactical Coyote Boots

The random world and adventures of BruteForce

You've got to love the internet rumors
    http://www.monstermuleys.info/dcforu...ID6/20243.html
    "Here's the mass email (I believe it was a mass email) that Jason Carter sent out. Jason got a bad rap with that text. Pretty crappy. I only got it from one person, but my understanding is, it went "viral", I think that's what they call it.
    He needs a BETTER photo with some hot chick holding those antlers along with the truth, then hope it goes viral.
    Anyway, here's the email:
    ----------------------------------------------------
    As you probably know, I harvested a great buck this year in Southern Utah just south of Beaver Utah. Somebody (I would love to know who) started a rumor and sent it via cell phone text that I shot the buck out from under another hunter. The rumor is absolutely not true.
    We bedded this buck and I stalked to within 35 yards of him and sat on him from 11:30 – 5:30 p.m. He got up a couple times in the thick trees to re-bed but I didn’t have a shot. At 5:30 he got up to feed a bit and I shot him. We video taped the entire hunt including the kill scene. This is the second year that I have hunted this buck. Last year I estimated he scored 215 or so but just couldn’t get the job done. We scored him at 247 gross with right at a 200” 4 point frame. We plan on releasing the story and video in January of 2011.
    There was another hunter by the name of Rylan Orton that was hunting with my cousins Daniel (the hunter I supposedly screwed) and Mitch Carter. He wrote the following and Daniel Carter texted it to me directly:
    “In regards to the bogus story that has been spread around about this deer and the hunters that had him supposedly shot out from underneath them. I am the hunter that was with jasons cousin. jason and his huntin fool crew just out hunted us. While we went home for a nap jason sat on this deer all day in the sun and when we came back for the evening hunt jason shot this deer while we were on our way in to sit 150 yards in front of us. Jason and his crew did an awesome job and this story that has been going around is just gossip. Please forward to everyone that sends you the blown out of proportion story.”
    Also, here is a text from Daniel Carter himself to me:
    “I just wish this all wouldn't have got blown up like this. Welcome to beaver county. You killed him fair and square I hope the best for u. Your a great hunter”
    I really appreciate those of you who know me well enough to stand behind me. It’s too bad that we as hunters have to defend ourselves against faceless, nameless rumors. This one has spread faster than I have ever seen probably due to the magazine and the size of the buck.
    Best of luck to everyone this year! Feel free to forward this email and/or call me with any questions.
    ---------------------------------------------------- Brian Latturner
    MonsterMuleys.com"

well who ever lets the facts get in the way of a great rumor?
    But if I agreed with you, we would both be wrong.

You don't know what to believe when it comes to a buck this big. Just like the Spider Bull you don't know when it comes to an outfitter if you will ever get the truth. Who knows Carter and his boys could be telling the truth. But just to stir it up I found a post from another forum that claims his info is 90% accurate and personally knows of the incident. Here's what he said;

"Story that I heard, second hand, was that a local Beaver guy had found the buck and had been sitting on him waiting for the hunt. Don't know how this Carter guy and his 5-6 other homies found out about the buck, maybe it was luck, but they found the buck as they were flying their ultralights around that area a few days before the hunt. They then moved in on the buck opening mourning with his 5 spotters and found the buck. The Beaver Guy had also found the buck and was moving in on him at the same time as the Carter guy. Story goes that the Carter guy shot the buck in the guts, Beaver guy sees the buck and sets up for a 20 yard shot, Carter guy moves in and shoots the buck from 50 yards before the Beaver guy. Like I said this is second had from a person close to the Beaver guy. At some point there were words exchanged and the Carter guy and his homies forced the Beaver guy away and they took posession of the above pictured monter. the picture was sent out by someone close to the Beaver guy because the Carter guy didn't want it out so he could put it into his magazine.

The part that gets me is that the Carter Guy found the buck using some sort of aircraft - that doesn't seem to sporting as far as scouting goes, but I guess to each his own.......Take it for what it's worth.....nothing! "

Quote Originally Posted by MY T PIMP View Post
    You don't know what to believe when it comes to a buck this big. Just like the Spider Bull you don't know when it comes to an outfitter if you will ever get the truth. Who knows Carter and his boys could be telling the truth. But just to stir it up I found a post from another forum that claims his info is 90% accurate and personally knows of the incident. Here's what he said;

"Story that I heard, second hand, was that a local Beaver guy had found the buck and had been sitting on him waiting for the hunt. Don't know how this Carter guy and his 5-6 other homies found out about the buck, maybe it was luck, but they found the buck as they were flying their ultralights around that area a few days before the hunt. They then moved in on the buck opening mourning with his 5 spotters and found the buck. The Beaver Guy had also found the buck and was moving in on him at the same time as the Carter guy. Story goes that the Carter guy shot the buck in the guts, Beaver guy sees the buck and sets up for a 20 yard shot, Carter guy moves in and shoots the buck from 50 yards before the Beaver guy. Like I said this is second had from a person close to the Beaver guy. At some point there were words exchanged and the Carter guy and his homies forced the Beaver guy away and they took posession of the above pictured monter. the picture was sent out by someone close to the Beaver guy because the Carter guy didn't want it out so he could put it into his magazine.

The part that gets me is that the Carter Guy found the buck using some sort of aircraft - that doesn't seem to sporting as far as scouting goes, but I guess to each his own.......Take it for what it's worth.....nothing! "
    Funny thing is that Jason had found and hunted this buck the year before and the kid that started the rumor was trying to shoot it out from under Jason. Amazing what jealousy can do. The entire hunt and kill shot is all on video, so if anyone really cares to know the truth they can watch the film. You are a moron for spreading stupid rumors that you have no idea what you are talking about

I never once said the story was true. I only posted what I had found and what was going around. I was hoping to find the truth which is what your post hints at telling. We will have to see the video and find out for ourselves. But don't call me a moron for posting this thread. This story might be a farse, however others are not. Tactics used by professional guides and hunters venture close to way over the cliff when it comes to ethics. I clearly state how unclear I am about the truth of the matter on each of my posts on this thread. You should be glad I'm not like real morons out there posting stuff like this as fact, and on top of that cherish the openness of this thread which gives you the fantastic ability in front of 1000s of bogleyites to set the truth free. Since you've seen the video does it show Carter shooting over the other guy, or did they edit it out.

Quote Originally Posted by 2065toyota View Post
    The entire hunt and kill shot is all on video, so if anyone really cares to know the truth they can watch the film.
    Yes please (raises hand)

I want to give props to beech and acca. Since it's been a while since this thread wasi originally posted, I decided to google it and out of all of the websites (even the hunter's ,own site) that probably should top the list of searches, Bogley #1 on the search results. This particular thread also has 3000 views, bad news for mr. Carter but it seams he has been vindicated. I don't know what you guys are doing but its nice to see that Bogley and Google mesh so well:)

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G Slide using Tapatalk

It's good it looks like the rumor has faded away and the truth comes out. I'd still love to see this supposed video though. I saw on his site they were going to release it January 2011 (a year ago).