Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's your Gym routine?

What's your Gym routine?

I'll usually start out on the treadmill, 4.2 mph for about 15 minutes. I used to be able to run but it's a little hard on my knees now.

Then I'll hit the upstairs track that goes around the basketball court. I'll walk a few laps and then I'll be able to jog a few. I might stay on the track for 20-30 minutes.

Then I'll go hit the weights for a few reps, and then I'll finish off on the treadmill for another 10 minutes.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Point feet at mountain....run.

Beech, you might find that running on a dirt surface is WAAAAAY easier on your body. Knees included.

My gym routine
    2 days a week I do 45 minutes on the stair-master or the treadmill on the steepest incline. then a 30 minute ab workout
    1 day a week I do a full body weight workout 2 sets of 10 to failure on all items with a 1 mile speed run on the treadmill to warm-up
    Saturday mornings when I can get my but out of bed I leave the house at 3:30 and hike a local trail up for 3 hours then back in 2 hours - I will soon be adding excess water weight to be dumped at the top working up to 70lbs while keeping the same distance and time.
    on off days I spend 20 minutes stretching..
    Tacoma Said - If Scott he asks you to go on a hike, ask careful questions like "Is it going to be on a trail?" "What are the chances it will kill me?" etc. Maybe "Will there be sack-biting ants along the way?"

I boulder in the bouldering area for a few hours, then I do the traverse a few times to keep my endurance up, or I find a rock outside and climb it instead of going to the gym. A nice longish approach helps for some cardio before and after. Treadmills and weights are so BORING! I don't understand how you guys can stand to do that stuff a few times a week. I go insane after five minutes on a treadmill. TV, Movies, Music... none of it helps. I have treadmill/weightlifting A.D.D. I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by shaggy125 View Post
    I boulder in the bouldering area for a few hours, then I do the traverse a few times to keep my endurance up, or I find a rock outside and climb it instead of going to the gym. A nice longish approach helps for some cardio before and after. Treadmills and weights are so BORING! I don't understand how you guys can stand to do that stuff a few times a week. I go insane after five minutes on a treadmill. TV, Movies, Music... none of it helps. I have treadmill/weightlifting A.D.D. I guess.
    I hate the hampster wheels too but I don't always have the time and availability to workout doing things I enjoy anymore.. so the gym it is

oh ya I do play on the bouldering wall in my basement for a while every day :)
    Tacoma Said - If Scott he asks you to go on a hike, ask careful questions like "Is it going to be on a trail?" "What are the chances it will kill me?" etc. Maybe "Will there be sack-biting ants along the way?"

Quote Originally Posted by TooeleCherokee View Post
    oh ya I do play on the bouldering wall in my basement for a while every day :)
    Can you tell me more about your wall? Pics?

Gym? Who needs a gym when I have the great outdoors all around me!
    Randy Langstraat
    ADVENTR.CO | Anasazi Photography

I start off with 1000 push ups. Gives the 9 inch guns a DEEP burn....
    Then I walk by the pool in my speedo so the ladies can get an eyeful.....
    Finish off the workout by hanging out naked in the men's locker room for 45 minutes doing power squats....

Oh yeah!
    Your safety is not my responsibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Riseforms View Post
    Can you tell me more about your wall? Pics?
    my wall is basically 9 feet wide 8 feet tall with 3 feet onto the ceiling.. had to work with the room I had available.. I use a full matress as a crash pad :). I have more holds on it now but here is my blog post about the build and remodel of the room it is in
    http://scottsadventuresandworld.word...ding-some-fun/

Today I walked along the Bonneville Shoreline Trail in Utah County for about an hour looking for a defense. (trespassing case) I saw a government attorney running by and wondered why he wasn't working in the middle of the day and why I was. I will get to the gym tomorow. My usual routine is to do the elliptical for about 20 minutes, hit the weights and then attempt to lift one or two, then I am back to the treadmill and/ or bike for another 30 minutes or so. I also don't do much running anymore due to knees and neck issues.
    Life is Good

Quote Originally Posted by shaggy125 View Post
    Treadmills and weights are so BORING!
    I agree, but once you have a working wife and a few kids after a while, you can only afford to get outside once a week like me (and still have a green light to do other stuff).

The gym is a quick 1 hour outing away from the family. Biking is about 3 hours.

Plus, the gym is so boring, I refuse to go there without my mp3 playlist.

4 days a week for about an hour
    One day of each....Chest and forearms, Back and biceps, shoulders and triceps, legs.
    The 5th day is a free day, if I go I do whatever I want or I don't go at all.

It's nice to teach at a school with an awesome weight room that is always empty if you go at the right time. Crank the music on the sound system and enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathcricket View Post
    I start off with 1000 push ups. Gives the 9 inch guns a DEEP burn....
    Then I walk by the pool in my speedo so the ladies can get an eyeful.....
    Finish off the workout by hanging out naked in the men's locker room for 45 minutes doing power squats....

Oh yeah!

Crossfit, the workouts are different everyday.

Bogley BigShot
    Treadmill 1 hour 5 to 6 days a week. 15% elevation. Warm up at 4mph then finish about 4.6 mph. Love the uphill!!!!

Weights - 1 body part once every 7 days.
    Monday - Legs/Rear/Calves - then usually take this day off the treadmill
    Tuesday - Chest
    Wednesday - Back/lats
    Thursday - Shoulders
    Friday -abs

Mostly free weights. My best friend (besides Bo of course who will always be my best-est friend) and training partner is 300 lbs - 5'11 of gorgeous muscle!!! I met him at Gold's gym in Vegas a little more than a year ago and we began to train and he changed my outdated workout schedule to this. I even went to Chicago to train with him for a while, last winter, because he travels back and forth with his job. He is heavy, heavy on the steroids and growth hormone though and I don't even like to take aspirin. Crazy man who spent many years in prison and buddies with all those body building steroid monsters - he teaches me a lot. Joey! Thanks

Weights are done before treadmill these days. Dang that one was hard for me to change!

Bogley BigShot
    I think I have the wrong training partner.

Oh.. I did not notice this was in the running forum. I HATE to run!

Quote Originally Posted by tanya View Post
    Treadmill 1 hour 5 to 6 days a week. 15% elevation. Warm up at 4mph then finish about 4.6 mph. Love the uphill!!!!

Weights - 1 body part once every 7 days.
    Monday - Legs/Rear/Calves - then usually take this day off the treadmill
    Tuesday - Chest
    Wednesday - Back/lats
    Thursday - Shoulders
    Friday -abs

Mostly free weights. My best friend (besides Bo of course who will always be my best-est friend) and training partner is 300 lbs - 5'11 of gorgeous muscle!!! I met him at Gold's gym in Vegas a little more than a year ago and we began to train and he changed my outdated workout schedule to this. I even went to Chicago to train with him for a while, last winter, because he travels back and forth with his job. He is heavy, heavy on the steroids and growth hormone though and I don't even like to take aspirin. Crazy man who spent many years in prison and buddies with all those body building steroid monsters - he teaches me a lot. Joey! Thanks

Weights are done before treadmill these days. Dang that one was hard for me to change!
    Well Tanya, you're certainly my best-est friend as well! Wish I could hold a stick to Joey, but I'll need to gain 'bout' 140lbs! I did take steroids a few months back though (damn tennis elbow!) and the injection didn't show up in any muscle mass on this stick of a body of mine, but it did ache in my elbow! No training regimen for me right now and i'm sufferin' sucotash for sure. Carryin' that 600' rope up to Hidden Canyon last wednesday clearly let me know that I need a training regimen. The hike up from The Left fFork on thursday felt a bit better though! Gotta quit bein' a wimp on these tacky river trips and start humpin soon or I'll be in trouble!

Bogley BigShot
    You beat Joey... as I said. You are my BEST-EST friend! Joey is so big he could never run. It would be funny to watch though. You trail run like crazy and hike like no one ever. As that Teacher said at the seminar you gave - you are THE OUTDOORS MAN for the St. George area and there is so much competition there!

Want to see a hot body everyone?

This is Bo!

Name:  bo..jpg
Views: 260
Size:  40.9 KB

Sorry its small. My external drive is broken and cant get to originals.

I hit the gym in the winter, but not in the spring/summer/fall much. I like how I feel after a good weights workout. I used to be a gym rat before I moved to SLC - 5 days a week in the gym for two hours, gotta say, I was pretty huge. haha. Now, I just like to keep some definition and strength - particularly important for women as they age.

I run 4 days a week outside all winter, and of course ski, hike, etc. In the summer it's all about mountain biking and trail running.

I go to the gym 3 times a week - focus on core with a lot of bridges, planks and stuff like that. Then do squats and lunges and upper body weight training. Warm up on the treadmill for 10-30 minutes (depending on my mood) going from random to hills.
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~ Frost

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Outdoor Forum