Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: BYU Football 2010

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    Hey kittie fans. Question: We KNOW Riley Nelson is a good RB...is he a good QB?
    2 games in I'd say no...moving forward I hope to be able to edit that statement.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

The question this morning on Sports Talk radio was:

"BYU fans, would you rather have Heaps and/or Nelson as your QB or would you rather have Utah's QB2 Terrence Cain?"

heaps, after a few games... gonna take a lot of patience this year. lots of freshman playing this season.

I think BYU's offense can score with either of their current QB's and the media just keeps trying to create a story and make a big deal out of it....

What the media should really be pointing out and talking about is BYU's defense. That defense sucked, big time.... no speed, players out of position, players making poor reads.... Jimbo Fisher must be licking his chops about now....

Quote Originally Posted by CarpeyBiggs View Post
    heaps, after a few games... gonna take a lot of patience this year. lots of freshman playing this season.
    There is no patience in Provo.

no kidding. as if tons of BYU fans weren't already annoying, they are in complete meltdown mode now. the sky is falling! fire bronco! start heaps!

but, i was raised on byu football, have always love it, and naturally hated utah. after going to byu, i learned to hate the institution. then, i learned i hated a lot of the fans at BYU. and now i find myself starting to hate watching the team too. i thought it would never come to this...

i love byu football. i just hate all the other stuff around it. more and more i think i am realizing what the team is all about. and it isn't always about winning. makes it hard to cheer for 'em anymore.

I feel the same way. I like the team (except a few players every now and then) and I cant STAND the delusional fans. Utah fans might be drunks, but I would say they ARE realistic when sober.

Interesting lunch time read.

Monson: Bronco’s biggest blunder: http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/cougars...coach.html.csp

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    Interesting lunch time read.

Monson: Bronco’s biggest blunder: http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/cougars...coach.html.csp
    Gordon Monson is the biggest douche in Utah sports.... he is the candyass kid that was always picked last in gym so now he writes about it like he is some type of authority.... I could make a descent living just betting against everything he states as fact.

Sure. Just remember that Gordon is paid to give his opinion and get under your skin. Which he does very well. He gets high ratings on the radio and his sports columns are among the highest read in the market. Like him or not, he's damn good at his job.

I just got home from the Reno Air Races... Friday night we watched the Wolf Pack chew Cal up and spit them out..... BYU is in big trouble this week.... the Wolf Pack is a damn good team.... and they run the pistol offense which I love (old school single wing but they stack the QB and RB instead of placing them side-by-side).

At first I wasn't a big fan of the Wolf Pack joining the MWC. But after spending time in Reno and watching one of their games I'm all for it. It's a great program and the city of Reno loves and supports the Pack. That stadium was sold out and rocking! Half the city of Reno was wearing Wolf Pack gear Friday.

Nevada is averaging 50 a game and BYU is averaging 15. Just sayin'...

Quarterback dilemma solved. Apparently Riley Nelson has to have shoulder surgery and will be out for the season. I wondered how long he would last getting pummeled like he has been. It is Jake Heap's team now.
    Life is Good

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Card View Post
    I wondered how long he would last getting pummeled like he has been.
    And with that O-line providing such stellar protection you have to ask.... who is QB3?

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    And with that O-line providing such stellar protection you have to ask.... who is QB3?
    Ahh, yeah. The line was supposed to be the bright spot on offense this year with the new quarterback and running backs. Hopefully, now that they are only going to be running one offense, not two, they can get the reps in to have their protection nailed down. This year's team is a work in progress. I will say that if Heaps lives up to half of the hype, he will be really, really good by the time he is a senior. The dude throws better balls than any other quarterback I have seen at BYU. I don't think the receivers are quite used to the 18 year old rocket passes yet. They seem to drop a bunch.

I just hope BYU gets the kinks worked out before the Utah game so that it is a game. But first things first. Nevada looks to be scary good. Glad I don't bet.
    Life is Good

This year's team is a work in progress.
    Welll you can always look on the bright side.... they have an awesome punt team.

Nevada looks to be scary good. Glad I don't bet.
    I bet.... and I put money on Nevada....

But if I were a BYU fan I'd take some comfort in knowing the Wolf Pack has always had trouble on the road.... they have never been a good road team. Nevada fans are hoping this is a break out game for road trips.

I bet.... and I put money on Nevada....
    But for me to make that bet would be un-cougar.
    Life is Good

But for me to make that bet would be un-cougar.
    I know what you mean.... I never bet against teams I want to cheer for, it ruins all the fun of cheering...

It was fun being around the NV fans last week.... this is a huge game to them. Their thought is a win on the road at BYU validates they have arrived at the next level. That would mean they beat a ranked Cal team at home followed up the next week with a big win on the road against a traditional power.....

I know what you mean.... I never bet against teams I want to cheer for, it ruins all the fun of cheering...

It was fun being around the NV fans last week.... this is a huge game to them. Their thought is a win on the road at BYU validates they have arrived at the next level. That would mean they beat a ranked Cal team at home followed up the next week with a big win on the road against a traditional power.....
    Traditional power doesn't mean much when you're not a Current power :)