Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Utah Football 2010

Yeah that game is on the offense. The defense and special teams gave them every chance to be in the game. Then the offense would shoot themselves in the foot over and over. They couldn't buy 3rd downs, had 7 or 8 dropped balls or fumbles and 10 or 11 penalties. They need to take some of that Pac-12 money and bring in a real OC. On the other hand the players still need to execute the plays.

Nothing against BSU, but we really made it easy. The TCU game was pure domination and this one was pure stupidity.

I would still rather be challenged then play Texas El Paso High School.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    Yeah that game is on the offense. The defense and special teams gave them every chance to be in the game. Then the offense would shoot themselves in the foot over and over. They couldn't buy 3rd downs, had 7 or 8 dropped balls or fumbles and 10 or 11 penalties. They need to take some of that Pac-12 money and bring in a real OC. On the other hand the players still need execute the plays.

Nothing against BSU, but we really made it easy. The TCU game was pure domination and this one was pure stupidity.

I have to agree here. This looked more like a MacBride game where penalties and a bad offense prevented us from winning. Too bad about the bowl streak as that will be hard and take a while to reproduce. I hope this loss really motivates the returning players to straighten things out before next year.

Dang.... if Utah had of just made a couple of those easy field goals I would have won.

Watching that game reminded me of why Cain lost the starting job last year.... he is slow with his reads, which in turn causes the offense to bog down.... but in his defense, it would have helped if his receivers had of lined up correctly and caught a couple of the balls that bounced off their hands...

FWIW: I don't really blame O-linemen for holding... they reason they are usually holding is because they were beaten and are just trying to stop the QB from getting massacred.

I have one MAJOR concern for next year, and that is can Jordan Wynn stay healthy? Utah was lucky this year to have a respectable QB2.... next year they will be cannon fodder if Wynn keeps getting hurt.

Time for a new paint job.

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    Yeah that game is on the offense. The defense and special teams gave them every chance to be in the game. Then the offense would shoot themselves in the foot over and over. They couldn't buy 3rd downs, had 7 or 8 dropped balls or fumbles and 10 or 11 penalties. They need to take some of that Pac-12 money and bring in a real OC. On the other hand the players still need to execute the plays.

I have to agree. Everytime the offense startes to build momentum they would crash and burn. Oh well. At least I had a good seat right behind the north endzone with a buffet, a bar, and all the amenities. Though the buffet kept funning out of food except for Oyster Bites. WTF?

I saw a guy in an all yellow motorcycle suit and wondered if it was you. But he looked kind of douchy....
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

Haha. No rain gear needed, it stayed in my bag. My getup is blue and black, but I had Utah gear on.

The weather was decent all things considered, but it was weird being in Vegas and having it feel like the north pole.