Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Utah Football 2010

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    True, but that was the McBride days. Witt takes no shit and his teams are usually very well prepared. Utah has a damn good coach and I wouldn't trade him for many. He is bad to the bone.
    Someone must be forgetting the ass whopping the Lobo's put on Urban's team at home....

Or.... the beating UNLV put on Whitt and the Utes in Vegas the week after the Utes knocked off #11 UCLA.... that one hurt baaaaaad...

Talk about losing big to a couple of bottom feeders.....

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Dood that was a lifetime ago. It does happens every now and then to all teams, but it used to be much more frequent at Utah.

Dood that was a lifetime ago.
    YOUTH......
    Life is Good

Dood that was a lifetime ago. It does happens every now and then to all teams, but it used to be much more frequent at Utah.
    You were the one that established the time line with "that was the McBride days".... I was just playing along....

And it's funny.... but Wednesday I was listening to Whit on one of the talk shows and he mentioned the UNLV loss as his most painful loss and the one that still hurst the most.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    1 - 3
    Ouch!!!

Wrong thread. This one's for the 4-0 team.

Yeah.... I messed that one up good....

The TCU game is setting up to be a real barn burner.... I hope both teams are undeafted when they neet.... if the MWC didn't have that crappy MTN deal I bet Gameday would be in town... still might get them...

Notre Dame is very beatable. I think Air Force will be tougher on the road.

Air Force is always tough.... better bring your A-game if you want to get out of Colorado Springs with a win.

If Air Force wins next week they should be ranked, they just missed out this week.

Anther game I'm really looking forward to is when Boise State visits Nevada November 26th.... the Wolf Pack is gunning for the Bronco's and they get them at home.

Here is some news on Utah's future football schedules...

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/utes/50...edule.html.csp

It says Iowa State has been dumped for 2011... and nothing else is a sure thing.... that incudes the games that were scheduled with Boise State and BYU. Utah will only get 3 out of conference games each year.

Also some information on how the PAC 12 might schedule.... I noticed that Utah has been moved from the preferred sothern division to the northern division in this latest version.

Utah #10

....in both polls. Boise State drops one spot as they are jumped by the Ducks. TCU holds steady at #5.

Utah is a 6 1/2 point favorite over Iowa State. The over/under is 54 1/2.

Where are you putting your money?

ISU put up some points last week against TTU...yikes I think it will be close. I pick the Utes by 10 points.

Yeah.... but Texas Tech is heading down the same path as BYU >>> Bottom Feeder.

Without Mike Leach that program will go no where. No way in hell is a good coach going to go there and stay very long if he starts winning.... I mean really.... have you ever been to Lubock Texas?

Still.... I can't believe the Utah party train can go on forever... I expect someone to trip them up.

WOW! now that was a major Big 12 beat down.

Utah puts a major beating on a Big 12 team and drops one in the AP poll to #11.

That was sure a statement game. Shake and Bake...

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    Utah puts a major beating on a Big 12 team and drops one in the AP poll to #11.
    Didn't Utah go up in the polls when they didn't play? Makes sense to me.
    Life is Good

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Card View Post
    Didn't Utah go up in the polls when they didn't play? Makes sense to me.
    Yeah... they jumped 3 places when they were idle, but a couple teams in front of them did lose. I have been listening to several of the national radio shows the past couple weeks because I've been doing a lot of driving for work. All the talk is TCU and Boise State, never a whisper of Utah.

Of course it doesn't help that Pitt has turned out to be a real dog and the Utes haven't really played anyone yet.

But damn the Utes looked good Saturday night once they stopped shooting themselves in the foot. We watched the game at The Huddle and that place was rockin' big time....

They look very good to me. I thought they had weapons in 04 and then in 08. Yet, I think the 2010 team has the most weapons of the three. One of the announcers commented that they are going to give the coaches of future teams that they play some big headaches after they see the scoreboard. Good luck preparing for that. IMO, they will continue to light up the scoreboard.

However, if they have two turnovers against TCU, it'll be over quick.