Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Utah Football 2010

Utah Football 2010

Good news... bad news....

Utah will be adding an upper deck to their stadium.... ticket prices are going up, and by going up I mean they are going up a lot....

Remember.... you heard it here first.

Pitt in 5 days.... I'm getting excited.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Zions the "s" is silent trackrunner's Avatar
    they should complete the bowl first. then if needed add an upper deck

Its a money deal and not a look pretty symmetry deal.... completing the bowl would add more crappy (read cheap) end-zone seats, and there is not a lot they could add. Adding an upper deck will add 20k mid field seats that can be sold for high dollars (hopefully).

From an engineering standpoint closing in the south end would cost twice what decking the east side will cost. And you get twice the seats and can charge twice the price.... when the stadium was last updated it was designed to have an upper deck added (same with BYU's Stadium)..... adding the upper deck is a no brainer.

sounds like good news all the way around, really. what's capacity right now? 45? it will be 65?

My tickets went up 100+ this year...the biggest jump by far in the 7 years that I have had them. Going up again in 2011? Yep, better product on both sidelines.

I can't believe it's game week!

I believe RE currently seats 46,500 (some seats were added since the Olympic renovation). I would expect any future renovation to make it the biggest stadium in the state just so Utah can say ours is bigger then yours.... but I don't see SLC supporting much more then 65,000. Its only been the past couple of years that Utah could sell out a 45K stadium.

Anyhoo.... I expect ES will look a lot like Wisconsin's Camp Randall Stadium after expansion. The east side will be decked with luxuary boxes above the deck.

Will the future ES stadium look like this?

Name:  CampRandall..jpg
Views: 6127
Size:  297.6 KB

except it won't be fully circled right? corners are empty?

i do wonder if they can sell out a 65k stadium. but, they will be playing much bigger teams in the future. if they play well, i think 65k is definitely doable.

Quote Originally Posted by CarpeyBiggs View Post
    except it won't be fully circled right? corners are empty?
    I haven't seen any plans on the stadium, I just know what is currently under consideration and that a support structure was put under the stadium during its last renovation to allow for future expansion by adding a deck. Who knows, they could go an entirely different direction. And they need to fund the project first.

FWIW: BYU's stadium is set up to be decked and the corners can be filled in, but filling in the corners of that stadium would only add 15K poor seats. If that stadium is ever expanded it will be a decked.

Predictions for Utah's game opener?

Its hard to pick the first game for me but I pick Utah to get it done at home.

Utah - that offense is really clicking, and its early in the season.

Pitt has to travel two time zones and play at altitude. College teams are notorious for losing games when jumping two or more time zones.

FWIW: Utah is a 3 point favorite. The over/under is 49.5 (That means Vegas is predicting a track meet).

I like the the BCS additions to the scoreboard

Name:  23660252..jpg
Views: 911
Size:  72.9 KB

I love college football.....

Good win for Utah, they looked really good at times in the first half and then did enough in the second to hold on. Defense looks really good once again.

The Utes shut down the running game. I did think they were going to give the game away in the second half. I must say, Coach Whit is getting good at eeking out the close ones.
    Life is Good

Dang.... the Utes managed to turn that game into a real nail biter.

The Vegas line was nearly spot on. The spread was exact and the O/U was off by 1.

A little luck for the Utes. They tried to give it away at times. They also left a bunch of points in the red zone. Witt has some clean up work to do. I guess that's normal for a first game. Happy they got the dubya.

Week 1 is done and Utah has jumped to 20 in both the AP and USA Today poll. That's a big jump, Pitt has fallen out of both polls.

Week 2 is done: Utah #14

I'm thinking the team will be spending a bunch of time on punts this week.... two weeks and two punts blocked for TD's.....

Did they have two punts blocked for TD's this week? I didn't see the game, but last week they had a punt blocked...didn't result in a TD though.