Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Paiute Trail September 17 thru 19

Quote Originally Posted by nelsonccc View Post
    Here are the prmoised pics. Enjoy!
    Some really stunning pictures there fellow. Excellent!!!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I saw this come thru on my Blackberry and thought you were planning another trip this year. Then I realized this was last year, what about this year? Late Sept?

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by moab mark View Post
    I saw this come thru on my Blackberry and thought you were planning another trip this year. Then I realized this was last year, what about this year? Late Sept?

Mark
    I would really like to get down there and follow our tour guide nelsonccc. I think I could make the 24th happen.

Quote Originally Posted by moab mark View Post

Mark
    Sorry guys, I probably should started a new thread when I asked my questions. Maybe it was a good thing to get you guys thinking about a 2011 trip.

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    I would really like to get down there and follow our tour guide nelsonccc. I think I could make the 24th happen.
    I could do that weekend. Tour Director are you going to lead us?

Quote Originally Posted by kniephof View Post
    Good information - thanks. We're not set on Otter Creek for camping. We like it because it's a decent location, has showers, it's good meeting spot for those that might be coming from out of town, it's reservable, etc. When you say "great places to camp", are you talking off the beaten path camping? Or campgrounds?

I looked at the map briefly. How bad are the switchbacks out of Circleville? What makes the 89 great? Scenery? If I was looking at it correctly, it was shorter trail that connected 2 different parts of the 01 near Koosharem...did I see/understand that correctly?

We are not planning on camping on the trail, although it would be cool. If it ends up being just a few dual sports, seems like it'd be a hassle to gear up (never done it). With ATVs along with us...might work out...? Anyhow, I think we wanted to try to hit the 2 main 01 loops (east and west).

We're still trying to figure out how to handle the ATVs if they come with us...since they can't jump back on the highways and zip back like the dual sports can. When you go with the ATVs do they just turn back and go the way they came...or they go to another trail head and have someone bring the trailer?

You can tell I'm a total rookie at this. Thanks for all you input...it's appreciated!
    I guess Otter Creek is as good as any other. We set up a basecamp on BLM land but it's not a campground. The switchbacks out of circleville aren't that bad....the problem is that they are loose, rocky and steep. Where they switchback is a tight off camber corner, not the kind of place you want to stall a bike. Here's a pic of the top of the switchbacks. Down lower just picture more rocks and steeper. Name:  P1010003 (Large)..jpg
Views: 277
Size:  120.3 KB

The 89 is so great because it has big long wood bridges across meadows, and lots of tight, twisty trail. I think most people do the 89 to the 87 and down to the reservoir road. We do the 01 to the 89 to the 87 and then back up the 87 to the back part of the 89. It's that good.

We don;t camp on the trail and I think doing that with dirtbikes would be a pain. Much easier and funner to do loops. That's what we always do. I'm not sure why you would ever hop on the road to zip back. Too much good trail. It's easy to set up loops, that will be all on the trail system.

Just tell me where you're going to camp and I'll suggest some loops, that will maximize trail. Keep in mind that when you look at the map that dashed black lines are true two track ATV trail and the white dashed lines are dirt roads. So the trick is to develop a loop that hits as much true trail as possible.

For my money the best trails to hit are the 01 out of circleville to the 88, 67,and 68 into Beaver. Trust me, the 88,67,&68 is simply some of the best riding available for a dirt bike, it's amazing. The 05 coming back out of Beaver to the 01, 26, and back to circleville on the 01 is only slightly inferior to the trail into Beaver. The 05 out of beaver shows as a road but it's all two track ATV trail. Believe me when I tell you that it's the best loop for a dirt bike up there. Although if you've never been to the summit of Mt. Belknap its worth the dirt road up there. The 01 to the 76 and onto I70 is wonderful (especially the 76) too but way too much dirt road for my tastes.
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

let's do it. The YZ will done by then and we can hit it prime conditions in September. Pick a date that you guys will TRULY show up and we'll do it. Let's get Garbonzo and fourtycal to come as well. We need a true Bogley get together!
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

I can and will show for the 24th weekend.

let's do it. The YZ will done by then and we can hit it prime conditions in September. Pick a date that you guys will TRULY show up and we'll do it. Let's get Garbonzo and fourtycal to come as well. We need a true Bogley get together!
    It sounds like you have a few for the 24th already. Post a proper invite with the details and we can work on rounding up a few others. I might have a few other friends that would want to go as well.

"Moto BogleyFest on the Paiute Trail" or something.

It sounds like you have a few for the 24th already. Post a proper invite with the details and we can work on rounding up a few others. I might have a few other friends that would want to go as well.

"Moto BogleyFest on the Paiute Trail" or something.
    Okay sounds like a plan. I'll start a new thread.
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

I guess Otter Creek is as good as any other....
    Lots of good ideas and info, thanks. As we plan out our trip in more detail, I'm sure I'll bounce some ideas off you and ask for some advice. We'll probable take a good look at the trails and loops you've described. Good point about riding trails back to camp vs. the highway. Got that stuck in my head because my buddy had mentioned it.

The weekend of the 24th? Well, I haven't asked the wife yet, but OK, I'm in!! Better to ask for forgiveness than permission! Actually, I'm overstating it. This sounds great.
    I just dropped by to see what condition my condition is in.

Quote Originally Posted by Garbanzo View Post
    The weekend of the 24th? Well, I haven't asked the wife yet, but OK, I'm in!! Better to ask for forgiveness than permission! Actually, I'm overstating it. This sounds great.
    The place to RSVP is here...N00b! http://www.bogley.com/forum/showthread.php?t=57904

The place to RSVP is here...N00b! http://www.bogley.com/forum/showthread.php?t=57904
    I guess some people just need their hands held the whole time! I got dibbs on following Garbonzo! I can't wait to see all the wrecks.
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

I guess some people just need their hands held the whole time! I got dibbs on following Garbonzo! I can't wait to see all the wrecks.
    Wow, one day behind the post and now I'm a noob!!. Please. And I didn't crash on our last 160 mile outing, so don't get too excited. I think I may be turning a new leaf, but not with my head on the ground!!
    OK. I'm done with this old post.
    I just dropped by to see what condition my condition is in.