Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Grizzly sightings in Cache County?

Grizzly sightings in Cache County?

This guy at my work says that there have been 4 sightings of a grizzly female and her two cubs south of Avon, UT in the Bear River Mountains.

Anyone hear anything? I need to see an article or something.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar
    Chere'

LOL! That is what my Google searches kept coming up with!

I have a hard time believing that there was Grizzly sighting in Utah that has somehow been missed by local media.

Maybe it was a brown black bear mistaken for a Grizzly?
    more than likely because the DWR says..

most likely spotted by this guy... the avon sasquatch neighborhood watch program.

http://utahbigfoot.blogspot.com/

founds this info on http://www.aliendave.com/uufoh_bigfoot.html

Fact:
    lThere are as many Bigfoot or Sasquatch sightings in Utah as there are in Oregon and Washington.
    over 160 known reports of Bigfoot in Utah
    Most sightings of Bigfoot in Utah have been in Mountainous areas, rarely have they been reported
    in the desert areas. Until recently...... (updated)

lBigfoot in Utah are known to be meat eaters, taking rabbits, pigs, and pets, away never to be seen again. One report notes a 'Scared' Bigfoot holding a 35 pound pig in one hand as it fled the scene.

lUtah's Bigfoot Hotspot is Coldwater Canyon

lOther known Hotspots are: Big Cottonwood Canyon, Little Cottonwood Canyon, Timpanogas, Logan, Ogden, High Uintah's, West Desert

lBigfoot has been seen so frequently in the Uintah mountains near Ogden that in September, 1977, a search party was organized to search for the creature. The hunt was put together, according to a newspaper account, after "two North Ogden men and six youths reported seeing the gorilla-like creature that ambled off into the timber after seeing them. The party was about one-half mile away on a ridge and watched the creature move off for about a one-half mile before it disappeared."
    Unfortunately, the expedition turned up no conclusive evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post

Fact:
    lThere are as many Bigfoot or Sasquatch sightings in Utah as there are in Oregon and Washington.
    Most sightings of Bigfoot in Utah have been in Mountainous areas, rarely have they been reported

lBigfoot in Utah are known to be meat eaters, taking rabbits, pigs, and pets, away never to be seen again. One report notes a 'Scared' Bigfoot holding a 35 pound pig in one hand as it fled the scene.

lOther known Hotspots are: Big Cottonwood Canyon, Little Cottonwood Canyon, Timpanogas, Logan, Ogden, High Uintah's, West Desert

lBigfoot has been seen so frequently in the Uintah mountains near Ogden that in September, 1977, a search party was organized to search for the creature. The hunt was put together, according to a newspaper account, after "two North Ogden men and six youths reported seeing the gorilla-like creature that ambled off into the timber after seeing them. The party was about one-half mile away on a ridge and watched the creature move off for about a one-half mile before it disappeared."

That reminds me, my usual hiking partner is busy this weekend; anyone want to go hike Timp? (Must own and bring a gorilla suit!)

This thread is like a tracker beam! I keep getting sucked back in!.

Fact:

The search was in Cuberant Basin in 1977. There were also reports of a Grizzly in the area as well that year.

I have been all over that basin. One of my favorites. The picture below is of this pond we bushwhacked into in that basin, and we found a half eaten deer leg at it and a huge hair ball on the North Side of the pond. Never saw a fish jump and all six of us swear we were being watched. We moved up to the next pond because we all felt like it was not a good idea to linger there. Not saying it was Bigfoot, but what leaves a bush sized hair ball out in an open meadow? And eats a deer leg but leaves meat on the bone? It does puzzle me on what was living back in there. Bobcat? Cougar? Bear? If it is a Sasquatch, I would for sure say it is a meat eater.

Name:  7835_131035099455_6&.jpg
Views: 9275
Size:  51.0 KB
    ^^^This basin is notorious for a famous Bigfoot sighting in the State of Utah. We never saw him, but I have to say there were some strange things we found at this pond, not kidding. Cuberant Lakes, Uintas, Utah September 2009

ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mattandersao View Post
    This thread is like a tracker beam! I keep getting sucked back in!.
    X2
    Chere'

Zions the "s" is silent trackrunner's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Nebz View Post
    The search was in Cuberant Basin in 1977. There were also reports of a Grizzly in the area as well that year.

I have been all over that basin. One of my favorites. The picture below is of this pond we bushwhacked into in that basin, and we found a half eaten deer leg at it and a huge hair ball on the North Side of the pond. Never saw a fish jump and all six of us swear we were being watched. We moved up to the next pond because we all felt like it was not a good idea to linger there. Not saying it was Bigfoot, but what leaves a bush sized hair ball out in an open meadow? And eats a deer leg but leaves meat on the bone? It does puzzle me on what was living back in there. Bobcat? Cougar? Bear? If it is a Sasquatch, I would for sure say it is a meat eater.

Name:  7835_131035099455_6&.jpg
Views: 9275
Size:  51.0 KB
    ^^^This basin is notorious for a famous Bigfoot sighting in the State of Utah. We never saw him, but I have to say there were some strange things we found at this pond, not kidding. Cuberant Lakes, Uintas, Utah September 2009
    Wow, eerie. I definitely wouldn't spend the night there.

good thing you got out of there... place sounds CRAZY. sasquatch is not to be messed with.

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post
    Wow, eerie. I definitely wouldn't spend the night there.
    We were camped for 3 nights down at Cuberant 3. That is less than a mile from that pond. Never had a bad feeling anywhere else in the basin, just at that one pond.

I am going to start a BigFoot hunt. $250 to participate and I promise you will see something strange.

(Don, I got a 18pack and a monkey suit if you are interested in making a little bit of extra cash)

Might want to throw in a bullet proof vest with that monkey suit.

I saw Bigfoot in California, by Yosemite. Got a picture taken with him. I don't like the fact that they had to chain him down though.

Here, I'm depicted with the largest grizzly to ever be killed in Utah, or maybe anywhere--Old Ephraim who was killed near Logan.

I am going to start a BigFoot hunt. $250 to participate and I promise you will see something strange.

(Don, I got a 18pack and a monkey suit if you are interested in making a little bit of extra cash)
    I have always had the desire to put on a monkey suit and randomly cross the road at night as a car approached in backcountry utah (my original plan was on the kolob terrace road) but I was always afraid somebody would shoot me! How many other troublemakers thought about, think about or actually do, the same thing? Could such ruffians be the cause of so many bigfoot sightings in Utah?

Thought about going out in a bigfoot suit before. The places it would be fun and believable also have ALOT of armed people in those same areas....

Not sure it would be fun to be shot at while wearing a monkey suit. But man you could have some FUN on Timp with a suit!!!!!!