Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 127 Hours

Quote Originally Posted by ratagonia View Post
    LepraShennanyBlueAlcatraz Canyon

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar
    Oh yeah, best feature of LepraShennanyBlueAlcatraz Canyon, though bringing enough water along to fill up the pool is usually the crux. And we don't wear helmets because you don't want it to catch on the canyon walls as you do the 60 foot drop through a 12" slot.

Tom
    got it... Tom you crack me up.
    Chere'

Content Provider Emeritus ratagonia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blueeyes View Post
    got it... Tom you crack me up.
    Well, I'm glad I can amuse at least TWO people.

Tom

For those that can't wait for 127 hours.... don't forget you can always rent this canyoneering classic...

The Canyon

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    For those that can't wait for 127 hours.... don't forget you can always rent this canyoneering classic...

The Canyon
    ...classic....hahah
    ●Canyoneering 'Canyon Conditions' @ www.candition.com
    ●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "He who walks on the edge...will eventually fall."
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

Quote Originally Posted by deathtointernet View Post
    I see it as a problem that solves itself. But it would be pretty funny if someone changed the trailer to cut from them dropping into the pool to a photo of one of the "ripe" potholes from Bubbles' recent Imlay trip report
    Yeah for all of the hype among my friends for doing Imlay, nobody I know wants to have anything to do with it any more.

Oh yeah, best feature of LepraShennanyBlueAlcatraz Canyon, though bringing enough water along to fill up the pool is usually the crux. And we don't wear helmets because you don't want it to catch on the canyon walls as you do the 60 foot drop through a 12" slot.

Tom
    LMFAO Finally, a human even more sarcastic than me...
    "I approach nature with a certain surly ill-will, daring Her to make trouble"

-Edward Abbey

The Canyon
    Looked at "The Canyon" thread. The end scene of that was shot next to the highway in 7-Mile Creek. There is a dryfall there that they shot below. (I know it because that is where I thought my trailer was going to float to when it flooded; was hoping to win America's Funniest Home Video").

I am really hoping the marketing had a different vision than the director. Was just getting use to Ralston being a good guy.

I haven't read the book in a while....where does the "I am a guide" macking on two cuties in the desert fit into his story?

The Canyon
    This stupid movie kept me up too late last night. Damned Netflix on demand! I also looked up wolves in GC as it seemed far-fetched. I guess they have been experimenting in reintroduction since 99. That would be really cool to have them back. If this morbid stuff interest you, there is a fantastic book that details all deaths in the canyon. I lost many nights sleep reading this one before my float trip last fall.
    Name:  death..jpg
Views: 2102
Size:  42.3 KB
    Last edited by EvergreenDean; 08-27-2010 at 09:29 AM. Reason: grammatical error
    "I approach nature with a certain surly ill-will, daring Her to make trouble"

-Edward Abbey

The movie "The Canyon" is fun to watch just so you can say "been there, been there, been there" with many of the locations.... I'm guessing that will also be a big part of the appeal to 127 hours, at least for me.... just watching the trailer I noticed myself counting the number of place I've been... I recognized numerous shots from Leprechaun Canyon...

The funny thing to me is the actual location where all this really took place is only a couple miles away.... but they preferred to use Leprechaun Canyon instead..... to me that's just crazy.... kinda like having anther woman stand in for your wife in your wedding photo's....

they used many different locations, including the actual location in bluejohn, just seems that much of the trailer is shown in leprechaun, obviously, because it is much easier to get equipment in to.

Blog Entries
    According to the wikipedia sources, the first 1/2 of the movie will have no dialogue. And they way Boyle directs, I imagine the scenery shots (and editing) in the non-dialogue part will be superb.

Btw, it's nice to see Dan posting a lot again these days!
    ●Canyoneering 'Canyon Conditions' @ www.candition.com
    ●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "He who walks on the edge...will eventually fall."
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

Quote Originally Posted by restrac2000 View Post
    I haven't read the book in a while....where does the "I am a guide" macking on two cuties in the desert fit into his story?
    Under "revisions".

"This is not a novel to be tossed aside lightly. It should be thrown with great force." —Dorothy Parker

Tom

Under "revisions".

"This is not a novel to be tossed aside lightly. It should be thrown with great force." —Dorothy Parker

Tom

BTW, I wonder what the "R" rating is for? Language? close ups of the carnage?
    Life is Good

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Card View Post

BTW, I wonder what the "R" rating is for? Language? close ups of the carnage?
    If we're lucky it has something to do with the guiding the cuties through the desert!

Quote Originally Posted by ibenick View Post
    If we're lucky it has something to do with the guiding the cuties through the desert!
    Rumor is there is an X version also - but straight to DVD for that one - at least in Utah!

T

Quote Originally Posted by jman View Post
    According to the wikipedia sources, the first 1/2 of the movie will have no dialogue.
    Sweet..... shades of one of the best racing movies ever made.... LeMans, with Steve McQueen. The film contain no dialogue what-so-ever for the first 35 minute.... and very little dialogue after that. The film was very popular with racing fans for its great camera work and a relatively accurate depiction of auto racing (in other words, it was NOT Days of Thunder). Canyoneers will be extremely lucky if 127 Hours does half as good of job of representing our sport accurately.

Quote Originally Posted by jman View Post
    I was looking at imdb on the movie and apparently Boyle says this: "Boyle describes 127 Hours as "very much a British film", and as "an action movie with a guy who can't move".[8]"

Eh?????? I know Boyle is British but what's a "British film" vs. American movie?

Maybe saralizzy can explain this to me. Heh
    Well, what he means is that ...

... nope, I have no idea. Sorry!

Touch not the cat without the glove.

For serious.

Tom, make that 3 that you amuse!
    Jenny