Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 127 Hours

127 Hours

Oh man.... you gotta watch this trailer.

This is the trailer for the new Aaron Ralston movie.... release date November 5, 2010.

And after watching that trailer I'm expecting the movie to flood the sport with a whole new crop of noobs.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Wow. Hahahahahahhahaah

Noobs without helmets. Tom will be busy.
    Some people "go" through life and other people "grow" through life. -Robert Holden

ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar
    Hmmm. Looks interesting... still need to read the book.

Well I was and still am a noob before he cut his arm off. And I have already been chewed out by Tom.
    Chere'

Blog Entries
    I wonder if Boyle (one of my favorite cinematography directors) will use Blue John and say Utah and not say somewhere in California (like always).

But the scene of him and the girl dropping from the bombbay into the water was pretty cool.
    ●Canyoneering 'Canyon Conditions' @ www.candition.com
    ●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "He who walks on the edge...will eventually fall."
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

Quote Originally Posted by jman View Post
    But the scene of him and the girl dropping from the bombbay into the water was pretty cool.
    yeah what canyon is that?
    looks like the crater pool at the homestead in midway

No Kiddin! Where do you find that blue oasis? Looks like I have my next vacation planned. Just Kiddin.
    I read the book when it first came out, its will be interesting to see how the movie turns out! Looks corny to me. But hey, dont judge a movie by its trailer!

Blog Entries
    I was looking at imdb on the movie and apparently Boyle says this: "Boyle describes 127 Hours as "very much a British film", and as "an action movie with a guy who can't move".[8]"

Eh?????? I know Boyle is British but what's a "British film" vs. American movie?

Maybe saralizzy can explain this to me. Heh
    ●Canyoneering 'Canyon Conditions' @ www.candition.com
    ●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "He who walks on the edge...will eventually fall."
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

That's the same entrance into the blue pool that we always use to enter Bluejohn...... so whats the big deal? Don't tell me the rest of you guys have all be using the wussy entrance?

FYI: The blue pool is how the canyon got its name.... it was discovered by a man named John Johnson...

Haha, thanks for posting this! I was driving back from the Grand Teton this weekend and my friend and I were talking about Mr Rawlston as an example of how NOT to do it. LOL. Can't wait to send this to him!

the park service must be thrilled

Timeline:

1.) Movie released
    2.) Interest in canyoneering increases
    3.) New canyoneers encounter first pothole without chlorinated water and a pool filter (which by the way, when was someone going to tell me about them?)
    4.) Interest in canyoneering decreases

I see it as a problem that solves itself. But it would be pretty funny if someone changed the trailer to cut from them dropping into the pool to a photo of one of the "ripe" potholes from Bubbles' recent Imlay trip report

A couple of shots looked a lot like the exit of the Leprechauns. Did they do any of the filming in North Wash?
    "I approach nature with a certain surly ill-will, daring Her to make trouble"

-Edward Abbey

Content Provider Emeritus ratagonia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EvergreenDean View Post
    A couple of shots looked a lot like the exit of the Leprechauns. Did they do any of the filming in North Wash?
    Yup. Sorry we didn't "dew" the pool-drop when we were there - wasn't sure you guys were ready for it.

T

If it wasn't a true story i could see myself really likeing this type of movie. Its like canyoneering but on a sound stage in hollywood. I most likely will go see it just so i can come back on bogley and know what everyone is talking about when the thread pages start passing 20. Its going to be pretty interesting.
    IT ALWAYS LOOKS HIGHER FROM THE TOP!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by canyonguru View Post
    Its like canyoneering but on a sound stage in hollywood.
    What's funny is that most of it was actually shot in a warehouse in Sugarhouse. It really is Utah!

ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ratagonia View Post
    Yup. Sorry we didn't "dew" the pool-drop when we were there - wasn't sure you guys were ready for it.

T
    That drop into the pool is real??? I just figured that was hollywood magic to hype the story up.
    Chere'

Well, we know it looks nothing like this. I see no dead sheep, cow crap or logs...
    "I approach nature with a certain surly ill-will, daring Her to make trouble"

-Edward Abbey

Content Provider Emeritus ratagonia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blueeyes View Post
    That drop into the pool is real??? I just figured that was hollywood magic to hype the story up.
    Oh yeah, best feature of LepraShennanyBlueAlcatraz Canyon, though bringing enough water along to fill up the pool is usually the crux. And we don't wear helmets because you don't want it to catch on the canyon walls as you do the 60 foot drop through a 12" slot.

Tom