Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Motos from North Ogden pass to Ben Lomond Peak and such

Motos from North Ogden pass to Ben Lomond Peak and such

I lived in Ogden from age 10 to age 30 and had never been on this trail until yesterday. I don't know what I have been doing with my life! I DO NOW!!
    I just dropped by to see what condition my condition is in.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I think you wanted to post your video here. http://www.bogley.com/forum/forumdis...7-Motorcycling, not the mountain biking forum.
    IF she isn't happy no ones happy. If she isn't happy long enough you'll unhappy with half your stuff.
    http://childbikingutah.blogspot.com/

Awesome. Now go ride the South side from Ogden Canyon to North Ogden Divide and then you will be all smiles. If your road legal we like to start at the dam ride the south side and then cross over to Ben Lomond follow that all the way down to Mantua and back around on the Avon road. Awesome ride.

Quote Originally Posted by StudChild View Post
    I think you wanted to post your video here. http://www.bogley.com/forum/forumdis...7-Motorcycling, not the mountain biking forum.
    Fixed

Cool vid. And I know it's done all of the time, but how would you rate this for a mtn bike ride?

I know the south side (dam to North Ogden) is ridden tons by mtn bikes, the north side would be pretty brutal. It goes up and up and up. Did I say it goes up? Oh and it's rocky.

Edit

If you could get someone to haul you up to the North end (Willard Peak) and then rode from there over to North Ogden divide, that would rock.

Thanks for catching my mistake (Stud Child) and fixing it (Sombeech), apparently I'm still recovering mentally. I know people who Mtn Bike this (including a friend just recently) and it woud be a great ride for the most part.
    Some of the areas would be too rocky. You'd have to try it to appreciate it. It may take some time for my cardio to want to go there.

Nice. Makes me jealous.
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

this makes for a cool mtn bike ride if you do start at the dam, head to lewis then on your way back at the intersection from skyline to lewis you continue back down to the northogden divide, would make a heck of a ride (mtn bike) if you went to ben lomond from there but really cool on a motorcycle.

Two wheels are better than four, keep the rubber side down.

Awesome! You got some great angles man. I like that shot out the back showing your buddy. I guess my iPhone photos don't compare to your helmetcam. Guess I need one...

Thanks Accadacca! I'm liking the photos you have posted for sure! It's great to see you keeping the Moto running! Still looking forward to a ride.

Quote Originally Posted by moab mark View Post
    Awesome. Now go ride the South side from Ogden Canyon to North Ogden Divide and then you will be all smiles. If your road legal we like to start at the dam ride the south side and then cross over to Ben Lomond follow that all the way down to Mantua and back around on the Avon road. Awesome ride.
    I just did that ride yesterday, started from Pineview and went the whole way. Amazing ride! We attempted the ride up Ben Lomond and got within 100 vertical feet from the top, but ended up turning around and heading back down. I have to say, only attempt the Ben Lomond trip if you're a glutton for punishment

I would assume you were peddling and not twisting a throttle? If you ride from the Dam to Mantua on a mtn bike, you are one tough mother. One leg is tough-both uggghhhh.

Yeah, the last climb to the peak is pretty brutal!. Steep rocky switchbacks. I love the cliff edge riding beyond it. The views are incredible. I just rode the South side of North Ogden Pass from Pineview Dam to Lewis Peak to North Ogden pass and some points in between. The first part from North Ogden Pass going south is a brutal one! Fun on the Moto, but would be HELL on a Mtn Bike!

I would assume you were peddling and not twisting a throttle? If you ride from the Dam to Mantua on a mtn bike, you are one tough mother. One leg is tough-both uggghhhh.

Are you kidding, I'm not that ambitious I was twisting a throttle Attached is our tracks
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by supergper View Post
    Are you kidding, I'm not that ambitious I was twisting a throttle Attached is our tracks
    FYI. The North Fork trail (it's part of your tracklog) is not open to motorcycles.

Where on his tracks is the North fork Trail?

Where on his tracks is the North fork Trail?
    This part:

Name:  NorthForkTrail..JPG
Views: 547
Size:  120.3 KB

I have always wondered about that trail.