Thread: Wellsvilles for the Perseids

Wellsvilles for the Perseids

Having the Perseid Meteor shower occur under a new moon with relatively clear skies has to be the biggest single astronomical event of the year for purely amateur recreational stargazers like myself. Tonight may well be the better night but tomorrow is supposed to be really good as well.

With any luck, I'll be starting from the Maple Bench trailhead near Coldwater Lake outside Mendon between 8 and 9AM tommorow. From there it's only about 5 miles straight up to get to the old cabin spring and the nearby campsites. The spring might be down to a dribble so I'm not depending on it but hope to augment the water I pack in with an extra liter or two. Anybody have any info on whether or not the spring is still running?

Anybody care to tag along? Especially if you have a packable scope? I plan to make Couscous with Sun-Dried Tomatoes and Smoked Salmon for dinner.
    seen all good people turn their heads each day so satisfied I'm on my way...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Do you mean PM?

Nope. These three day work weeks are wearing me out.

I really need a break so I plan on spending Thursday night up there.

Ah, I was picturing a night hike. What do you do to have a 3 day work week?

I have a deadline for using up my remaining vacation. A weekend in Yellowstone, a short backpacking trip, see the Tour of Utah ride over the Alpine Summit, and I'll still have three or so days left to use over the following 6-8 weeks.

I would've posted a night hike in another forum.

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Outdoor Forum