Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sister Wives

Sister Wives

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/home/50...brown.html.csp

"Sister wives" Meri, left, Christine and Janelle, share a hug with Robyn, who is being courted by their husband, in the new TLC reality show "Sister Wives."

Utah polygamists star in reality TV show
    By Vince Horiuchi
    The Salt Lake Tribune
    Updated Aug 8, 2010 03:32PM
    The makers of the hit television reality show
    The man thong is wrong.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I will be watching this. This is so intriguing.

Of course I'm interested, it'll be a train wreck, but I've given up on reality TV 'cause it's all crap.

Yeah I'll watch this too. I really enjoyed "big love" on showtime.
    Your safety is not my responsibility.

It does look like it will be a great story...In the picture they all look to be older than 13. (And by 13 I really mean. well. 18-or so)
    If you don't have anything nice to say....come and sit by me.

Dana & Thane @ Couchsurfing.org

Content Provider Emeritus ratagonia's Avatar
    And here I thought you were talking about the Sister Wives:

http://home.comcast.net/~sisterwives/

Tom
    Attached Images Attached Images  

ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar
    Definitely don't look like the polygamists you see in St. George. I wonder how much they are getting paid to do the show? Should be interesting look at that philosophy on marriage and religion. Big Love was intriguing enough.

Busted!

--

LEHI -- A polygamous Lehi family featured on a new TV series that debuted Sunday night has drawn the attention of local police.

Kody Brown and his wives are the subject of a TLC program called "Sister Wives". The show premiered with an hour-long special, the first installment of a seven-part "docu-series" about Kody Brown and his three (soon-to-be four) wives -- Meri, Janelle and Christine -- and their 13 children. The series began with Brown announcing plans to take on another wife, Robyn, and her three children.

In a statement released Monday, Lehi police said they are now investigating the Brown family for bigamy, a third-degree felony.

"At the conclusion of the investigation, the evidence will be forwarded to the Utah County Attorney's Office for review and possible prosecution," according to Lehi Police Lt. Darren Paul.

KSL News spoke to the family last week on their promotional tour for the show. Kody Brown and his wives said they made the show knowing there could be legal consequences and decided it was a risk they were willing to take.

"That is a part of the risk assessment that we did. I mean, because yes, of course, that is a possibility," Meri Brown, Kody's Brown's first wife, said.

Producers of the show apparently feared the Browns could come under legal scrutiny. They contacted the Utah Attorney General's Office months before airing the program.

"They called us and said,

He's only married to one I saw him answer the question of being investigated before it happened, he knew it was possible, but the risk was worth the reward I guess.

And these are the people who rallied against gay marriage? Karma's a mother****er.
    "The eagle never lost so much time as when he consented to learn of the crow."

-- Wm Blake

Quote Originally Posted by Rev. Coyote View Post
    And these are the people who rallied against gay marriage? Karma's a mother****er.

I doubt these guys voted on a california bill. Nor are they LDS.

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post
    I doubt these guys voted on a california bill.
    That certainly doesn't mean they might not have rallied against it. I'm pretty sure there were a few Utahns in that group.

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post
    Nor are they LDS.
    That's sort of misleading to someone not familiar with the situation here in Utah. True, they are not LDS in the church's current form. But they are very likely Fundamental LDS which is, as the name would suggest, a version of the LDS church based on the fundamental founding principles. I guess it's kind of like normal, everyday muslims and muslim extremists, basically the same core beliefs just tweaked a bit over time. You could almost call them Fundamentalist Muslims.

Is there not an emoticon of a can with worms wriggling out of it? :canofworms:

Rev said "these are the people....", I would hate to think he's using a broad stroke of the brush to generalize a whole demographic.....

I sure hope they are getting some BIG bucks. Why would you want to out yourself. It sounds like he has a real job, gutsy. I am sure he is only married to one of them but my wife thinks they'll get him on his tax returns. How the dependents are being claimed etc. Should be interesting to watch. The # better have a whole lot of zero's behind it or he is a moron.

So.... when are they going to go after Hugh Hefner? He openly lives with more then one woman and flaunts it big time....

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    So.... when are they going to go after Hugh Hefner? He openly lives with more then one woman and flaunts it big time....

He's got money to defend himself? Still lol though.
    Your safety is not my responsibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post

I think it's cause he trades them out every 2 years for new ones. That just shows he's only in it for the